Does the Roll Call forum work?

sidekick180

Hi Everyone,

Just wondered if any of you had used the Roll Call forum on here and if so, did you find it useful?

I put a post on there a while ago and not sure if it gets used, or maybe I will be the only person on the cruise I have booked for May 2019 on Azura.

Maybe cruisers will post on there when it gets closer to the cruise date, or maybe not!

Yes a bit early just yet. You may well have more takers nearer the cruise date, but worth keeping an eye on the roll call you have started from time to time.

I have posted on one which had already been started for an Arcadia cruise next August and have found that after a while they go off the page if there are no new posts. If that happens could be worth searching for it by looking at your previous posts on your profile (can be found by clicking on your username at the top of any post you have made) and putting another post on the roll call, which will make it reappear in the list.

Yes a bit early just yet. You may well have more takers nearer the cruise date, but worth keeping an eye on the roll call you have started from time to time.

I have posted on one which had already been started for an Arcadia cruise next August and have found that after a while they go off the page if there are no new posts. If that happens could be worth searching for it by looking at your previous posts on your profile (can be found by clicking on your username at the top of any post you have made) and putting another post on the roll call, which will make it reappear in the list.

Ok, thanks for that. I will keep an eye on it. I only posted on there because it will only be our second cruise, so I thought if we could chat with people on the same cruise, they could maybe share some of their experiences if they have cruised lots or especially on that ship. Still got eight months to go but can't wait. Much as I don't like wishing my life away, it's always nice to have something to look forward to and it helps to make sense of why we work so hard.

Hi Everyone,

Just wondered if any of you had used the Roll Call forum on here and if so, did you find it useful?

I put a post on there a while ago and not sure if it gets used, or maybe I will be the only person on the cruise I have booked for May 2019 on Azura.

Maybe cruisers will post on there when it gets closer to the cruise date, or maybe not!

I like the idea, but like you, have found that not many others seem to use it.

We are on Aurora in December, no roll call....

I like the idea, but like you, have found that not many others seem to use it.

We are on Aurora in December, no roll call....

Yes it’s a shame really that these seem not to be used that often on P&O - I’m not really one for organised meets but you can find out useful info on excursions etc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Subscribe to it and CC will tell you when a new post is posted. Plus you won't have to keep searching for it.

It works as long as you monitor it.

Yes it may be to early, I've been apart of large ones and small ones some get going others don't. The last one on the Sapphire Princess was the worse I've ever been apart of.

Created one for next years on the Indy, so far there's just 2 of us on , Not much said yet on it.

They pick up the nearer you get to sailing normally.

Jules

I have been using the Roll Call forums for about eight to ten cruises on here. Success of the facility varies a lot depending on which cruise line you are sailing, the itinerary and the type of people on the cruise and what they are using the facility to achieve. I have found that most times a meeting is arranged for first or second day on board. I have attended these where only two people have turned up and other cruises twenty plus have attended.

Participation is greater with US cruisers so P&O will inevitable attract far fewer roll call participants. The last cruise call was very successful, Princess round the British Isles, lot of US and Canadian cruisers looking to share cheap independent private tours where a local operator needed a group of six passengers. Other threads related to how to get from Heathrow to Dover cheaply on the train. So if you cruise a foreign country you can get shared information on a multitude of problems other people have encountered and the more experienced or more local will have a good idea of options. Following posters will indicate alternatives.

Overall if you want a Roll Call thread to be successful you need to keep posting and checking updates. Occasionally you may need to "bump up" to the top of the listings, a reasonably successful roll call with an "only three months to go now" entry or something like that. Ongoing discussion might include the merits of certain cabin types, locations etc. Details of the cruise, times in port, ideas for different ports etc. and of course inexperienced cruisers who have a need for information about things which are obvious to people who have actually done a cruise. Participation snowballs as time goes on.

Regards John

I've used it successfully for all my previous cruises but they were with Celebrity. We arranged a meet & greet on board which was nice as you could meet people you'd been chatting to. I also used it to arrange tour shares keep the costs down.

P&O people don't seem to use it so much which is a shame

I used it last year for a Caribbean cruise and there were lots of active posters. I learnt lots as it was our 1st time, looking for roll call for our next cruise and there is none. So I think it just depends if/who is going [emoji108][emoji7] Hope that makes sense. I found it very useful!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

Ok, thanks for that. I will keep an eye on it. I only posted on there because it will only be our second cruise, so I thought if we could chat with people on the same cruise, they could maybe share some of their experiences if they have cruised lots or especially on that ship. Still got eight months to go but can't wait. Much as I don't like wishing my life away, it's always nice to have something to look forward to and it helps to make sense of why we work so hard.

I know what you mean...going on Britannia in dec...think there are only 4 on the forum at the moment,,,but they are useful, we have booked many trips with other passengers on other forums/cruises...and have passed on tips addresses etc to others..ENJOY

I agree we Brits are not so keen on roll calls hence P&O roll calls are usually not of much value. Our Ventura one for October has had less than half a dozen posts, basically saying "I am on this cruise". Our February one on Star Princess has over 400 posts and we are going on privately organised tours (one of which I have organised) in nearly every port saving hundreds of dollars with smaller groups that Princess tours. Had the same experience with Celebrity.