anyone used Flights by Celebrity?

Hi guys, we will be doing our first transatlantic (Celebrity Reflections)Ft Lauderdale to Ireland followed by Back to Back cruise to Ireland/Scotland and Iceland next April. All paid for and looking forward to cruise of lifetime. We plan to contact Flights by Celebrity. Both hubby and I must use mobility scooters for health reasons. Has anyone who travels using mobility scooters used Flights by Celebrity ? We will be flying out of Dublin to Cols Ohio and prefer only 1 plane change. After a bad experience a month ago where we had booked transfers from airport to cruise ship and having Celebrity totally forgeting to pick us up (we were stranded at airport until some nice airport employees were able to reach a travel rep from Celebrity and they sent an accessible van to pick us up and called the ship who delayed sailing for 1 1/2 hrs to wait for us) I am worried to say the least that we could be forgotten at pier and miss flight home. I need to let all know that when I booked transfers with Celebrity previously I made them well aware that both of us needed our scooters and the vehicle should definitely be accessible. If you travel internationally can you offer info??

With a lifetime of professional and personal international travel, my first piece of advice is what you'll hear on CC all the time:

If at all possible, extend your land stays both pre and post cruise. In particular, arrive at least two days early (for all the obvious reasons). For connecting international flights, both early airport arrivals and layovers should always be at least three hours.

As regards cruise line air arrangements, we never use them. Our preferred cruise line's fare includes economy airfare. But, we always take the air credit and DIY international bizclass with a mix of $ and points. BTW, our preferred cruise itineraries are those with different/interesting start/end ports (get the most bang for your airfare).

Several years ago we used RCCL flights plus hotel. DFW to LHR and back, the tickets included ;; Air with AA, the transportation from LHR to Hotel, pre-cruise hotel, transfer from hotel to the pier, the cruise, transfer from pier to hotel, post cruise hotel, transfer from hotel to airport and the AA Air back to DFW- Everything included :)

Trip purchase with a TA

Last year was the first time we booked flights w/ Celebrity - RT Singapore. We booked after researching all our options & in this instance they had the best pricing - we were able to select our flights & knew how long total travel would take.

Based on our experience - we would do it again. On our upcoming NCL cruise - they are not offering a Tokyo to Anchorage flight option...

We have booked flight on each of Celebrity and RCI. (Azamara are also included the program).

Everything was good. What we really did like?

-the ability to look at cruise air pricing prior to even booking our cruise

-the offerings include different airlines, routes, times, and prices

-you do not have to be flying from your home airport-in once instance we flew from Miami to Costa Rica one way, our home is in Canada

We realize that these fare codes can be anything from economy through to consolidator fare codes.

This happened at least 10 years ago, so maybe Celebrity has changed but I for one will never use them for air again. We were taking a Baltic cruise leaving from England. Even though Celebrity scheduled our flights, when we missed a connection because of bad weather when I called them Friday night they refused to do anything about it! Stated that this was the "airline's responsibility" to get us there now. At the airport, the next day the ticket agent noted that Celebrity had only approved 2 legs of the journey: Pittsburgh to Philly then Philadelphia to England. Since we missed the ship departure, 3 legs of travel would now be required to catch up with the ship in Oslo. By this time it was Saturday and apparently whatever offices at Celebrity that handle flights were closed with nobody to approve that extra leg of travel. Thank goodness the airline agent was a total sweetheart because it took him two hours to find us a flight. Oh yes, and once we got to Oslo, we had a horrible time getting onto the ship as we had no ship card and apparently Celebrity failed to ever notify them we were coming.

Let me have a rebuttal to lynncarole. Long story short. We had booked a flight through Air2Sea on American Airlines that was Lax to Rome with a connection in New York. Hurricane Sandy came in and we were notified the morning of our flight that the airport was closed and all flights cancelled. Over a hour on the phone with American Airlines and the best we could do was a flight out 3 days later which was our cruise departure day. My wife then called Air2Sea and in less then 15 minutes they cancelled the American flight and put us on a Air France flight from Lax, upgraded us to economy plus, gave us a refund of the fee we paid for the American Lounge access pass, and charged us nothing for the changes. Have used Air2Sea ever since. Air2Sea is fantastic for International flight, seems over priced for domestic and 2 one way flights are many times less expensive than a round trip. happy cruising. As a added note we booked Norwegian air with them a few months ago and got business class LAX to Barcelona for $600.00 pp. They had economy flights priced at just over $220.00 pp.