Going on Carnival Conquest in Octuber 2018 for Family Vacation with 10 month old.

I need any advice, anyone here travelled with infants and how was your experience, and any tips to give me please. Thank you

Welcome to cruise critic.

Seeing as you are booked on Carnival you might getter more answers by posting on the designated Carnival board. There is also a famil Board for hints for cruising with kids.

Welcome to cruise critic! In an effort to help you navigate the site, here are the links to the Boards mentioned by Grandma Dazzles:

Carnival Board: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Family Cruises Board: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

The latter was especially helpful when helping our daughter research a cruise on Royal Caribbean with their 11 1/2 month old. Off the top of my head I know she appreciated the guidance to bring all the diapers you will need plus a healthy surplus, an umbrella type stroller with a sun canopy (they were doing a western Caribbean cruise), and every type of baby medicine that she might need. By the way, they had a wonderful time and a low keyed vacation. They both work so it was nice to have an entire work week to dote on their daughter and the steward and wait staff were phenomenal. Many of them miss their own children back in their home countries.

Unless you are in a suite, bring a "blow up" to bathe the baby, as the cabins do not have tubs...and the sinks are very small. Many people take babies on a cruise. Me? I don't know ....just seems like sooooo much work. You have to lug so much stuff. Strollers, diapers, baby food, etc. etc. for something the baby will never even remember.

My advice would be to recruit the grandparents to come along, or a doting auntie and uncle, or some friends with a child of a similar age. More hands for looking after the baby, giving mum and dad a little break.

We cruised with our daughter and SIL when their first born was 10 months old ( jeez, he's 14 now). They had to bring a ton of diapers with them. We had late dinner, which wasn't very crowded that sailing. Almost every meal, there was usually one of the wait staff who would want to hold the infant and amuse him, explaining they were homesick for their own. Worked out fine all around, kid was happy and parents were able to eat in peace. Had it been otherwise, we would have had to change dining arrangements, maybe go in shifts or buffet if the baby was fussy.

They needed a little crib for their cabin which the room steward was able to provide. Scaled back shore excursions because of lugging baby & stuff around as well.

Thank you for all your recommendations, I am very exited to for this family cruise, even though my son wont remember it I know me and my husband will remember and will love spending a week all three of us together as a family.

I am sure you will have a great time! We have cruised with both of our kids when they were 9-10 months old and had wonderful family trips :) Check on the Carnival board or the family board about what kind of infant sleeping arrangements Carnival provides. On NCL they provide pack n plays, but don’t have fitted sheets for them so we always take our own pack n play sheets. I was glad I knew that ahead of time. Also, take disposable bibs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk