Public baby changing tables on Celebrity?

Extra Kim

Does anyone know if there's baby changing tables in the public restrooms on the Celebrity Solstice class (Equinox). Last time we sailed on her we didn't have a baby and just don't remember if there's any.

We sailed on MSC Meraviglia in April and they had a lot of very nice baby changing tables, but MSC are a brand that focus on families.

On the cruise ship you can go back to your cabin to take care of the baby. Very different situation from malls, restaurants, etc.

Agreed. And cruise ships confine 1,000s of people to the same space for many days, which is why they are such a hot spot for Noro outbreaks. The last thing you need is a shared, public table to change poopy diapers. Go back to your cabin and wash your hands afterwards.

I would suspect size is an issue in cruise line public restrooms, but not sure that is the answer a cruise line would give.

That's not an issue, every accessible restroom can fit a folding table without problem. All but one accessible restrooms on Meravigilia had the folding tables on the wall. In Sweden you can even find them in some toilet stalls on the wall above the WC.

When folded they are around 4-5" deep.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmediadc.brightspotcdn.com%2F25%2F8c%2Fd4057cc5fd1de0e7670e06fb5c87%2F6aee72de99b56c7b270beaceaa15abcc.jpg

Agreed. And cruise ships confine 1,000s of people to the same space for many days, which is why they are such a hot spot for Noro outbreaks.

First of all, the ships are not a hot spot for Noro. Just read some statistics and you would know that they have a very low % when it comes to Noro outbreaks. The difference is that you will hear about them in the media.

The last thing you need is a shared, public table to change poopy diapers. Go back to your cabin and wash your hands afterwards.

Let's say that a family has their cabin on deck 16 in the aft and they are on deck 5 at the bow when they realise that the need to change a diaper. Are you telling me that it would be more hygenic to walk 1000ft and 11 decks with a dirty diaper? :o

I wash my hands every time I change a diaper, no mather where I'm doing it. But thank you for pointing out the obvious.

That's not an issue, every accessible restroom can fit a folding table without problem. All but one accessible restrooms on Meravigilia had the folding tables on the wall. In Sweden you can even find them in some toilet stalls on the wall above the WC.

When folded they are around 4-5" deep.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmediadc.brightspotcdn.com%2F25%2F8c%2Fd4057cc5fd1de0e7670e06fb5c87%2F6aee72de99b56c7b270beaceaa15abcc.jpg

I've never seen a cruise ship restroom the size of the picture you posted. They are quite small, with very little wall space.

What’s the real issue here?? The OP asked a question. She was answered. No one has seen changing tables in restrooms on Celebrity. Maybe it wasn’t the answer she wanted but it is what is is. Celebrity has no changing tables in the public restrooms. Now the OP wants to argue every comment. It’s not relevant what they do on MSC or in Sweden. WHAT is the point???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've never seen a cruise ship restroom the size of the picture you posted. They are quite small, with very little wall space.

This is Celebrity Solstice, a table would fit on that wall.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/celebrity-solstice-381/hallways-stairways-and-more-171117/hallways-stairways-and-more--v9156700/

But normaly you find the changing tables inside the accessible restrooms in malls, restaurants etc because they are big enough to fit them.

DSC2666.jpg?maxwidth=800

DSC2672.jpg?maxwidth=800

This is Celebrity Solstice, a table would fit on that wall.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/celebrity-solstice-381/hallways-stairways-and-more-171117/hallways-stairways-and-more--v9156700/

But normaly you find the changing tables inside the accessible restrooms in malls, restaurants etc because they are big enough to fit them.

DSC2666.jpg?maxwidth=800

DSC2672.jpg?maxwidth=800

Instead of asking folks on here, since you don't want to hear the answers, you might want to consider calling the different cruise lines and ask them why they don't have diaper changing stations in their restrooms. BTW, the handicap stalls you posted are probably twice the size of those on the ships. And if I was Celebrity, I certainly wouldn't ruin that restroom's look with a fold down diaper changing stations, especially since there are not that many children cruising on Celebrity.

Ehh I asked one question and people started to answer, some informative and some with incorrect statements.

The ships are not a hot spot for Noro, just look at the statistics.

The handicap stalls, all have a minimum size to fit a wheelchair. If they didn't they would be pointless.

I know that some people really dislike the fact that children cruise and that's their opinion, I can't change that. But I didn't ask about opinions did I ?

By the way, I'm a man. ;)

Ehh I asked one question and people started to answer, some informative and some with incorrect statements.

The ships are not a hot spot for Noro, just look at the statistics.

The handicap stalls, all have a minimum size to fit a wheelchair. If they didn't they would be pointless.

I know that some people really dislike the fact that children cruise and that's their opinion, I can't change that. But I didn't ask about opinions did I ?

By the way, I'm a man. ;)

Perhaps because when the simple answer of 'no' was given, you pushed the 'why not' button and the 'retrofit to my needs button.

And yes, the public does not want smelly diapers in the public bathrooms and poop mess, etc. I opened the door to a public bathroom on an NCL ship in 2012 and there was poop ALL OVER the vanity top, sides, walls, floor ... it was EVERYWHERE. It was SO GROSS and then ... the restroom was closed for hours until it was cleaned and readied for guests to use again.

There were drop down changing stations on Oasis of the Seas, with baby wipes available close by. I'm sorry that's not much help as you are asking about Celebrity, but it illustrates that other cruise ships do have this facility.

Perhaps because when the simple answer of 'no' was given, you pushed the 'why not' button and the 'retrofit to my needs button.

I did not, I just stated that the size wasn't an issue, since NLH Arizona guessed that it would be an issue, and I posted pics to show just that. Nothing more or nothing less.

I did not say that they should retrofit anything.

I got the answer to my question, now I know.

Does anyone know if there's baby changing tables in the public restrooms on the Celebrity Solstice class (Equinox). Last time we sailed on her we didn't have a baby and just don't remember if there's any.

We sailed on MSC Meraviglia in April and they had a lot of very nice baby changing tables, but MSC are a brand that focus on families.

Been cruising for 30 years on 9 different lines, well 60 ships, never have I seen a baby changing table...really the world does not revolve around you and your baby. Come prepared to handle yourself in an appropriate manner.

Kim:

I asked on the Celebrity board and since you are going on the Equinox you are in luck. Here is a description from one Celebrity poster. This pertains to Equinox. I'll let you know if there are any more and at this point I don't know if this refers to men's or ladies room.

Far bathroom stall at the bathroom midship, starboard side by the pool. I don’t remember it being there last year. There was a diaper genie in the stall too. Larger stall with kind of the frosted glass wall.

And yes, the public does not want smelly diapers in the public bathrooms and poop mess, etc. I opened the door to a public bathroom on an NCL ship in 2012 and there was poop ALL OVER the vanity top, sides, walls, floor ... it was EVERYWHERE. It was SO GROSS and then ... the restroom was closed for hours until it was cleaned and readied for guests to use again.

Perhaps you should go back and read the thread. The other posters started it prior to Kim saying anything.

Just curious but do you know who created it, I’ve seen drunks do the same thing.

It’s a bathroom why shouldn’t a baby be changed, that’s what it’s for, sometimes these comments are really nuts.

Perhaps you should go back and read the thread. The other posters started it prior to Kim saying anything.

Just curious but do you know who created it, I’ve seen drunks do the same thing.

It’s a bathroom why shouldn’t a baby be changed, that’s what it’s for, sometimes these comments are really nuts.

I would have to say the woman who left with the baby as I approached the door would be the one who created it. And apparently, she changed the baby on the sink counter. But when the poop got everywhere, CLEAN IT UP! Aaagghhh