Review Rhapsody of the Seas (Eastern Mediterranean) 06/30/2018

07/04/2018 Mykonos

Let's talk about another highlight of the cruise. But by the way this is a very difficult topic? Please don't ask me about my favorite port on this cruise ;) I wouldn't be able to give the right answer. The ports were different but every port was amazing for itself. But ok - Mykonos was something special. I have to say that I love this island. I would like to go back immediately for one week, only to spend some days in this wonderful town, in the narrow streets. The white houses, the roofs, the flowers or plants (e.g. Bougainvillea), the coast, the taverns situated directly at the sea - all these things really impressed me.

We took one of the first tender boats and enjoyed the awakening town. The servers cleaned the tables because of the parties on the last evening. The light was gorgeous, we took a long walk through the town, along the windmills and to a small beach. Later we took a taxi to a nice beach, where we were swimming and lying in the sand. A wonderful day. After coming back to Mykonos town we bought some souvenirs, we drank greek coffee and took a tender back to the Rhapsody. On this evening there was a great party because of the special holiday 07/04. It was fantastic to have this experience. A band played excellent music (jazz and classics) and there was a huge cake with the colors of the flag of the United States. We really enjoyed it and after that another perfect dinner. I hope you will like my photos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Of course, I will start to coninue the post and write about the last two wonderful days of the cruise. I have had a lot of stress recently especially the last year and so I don't find the time to enjoy writing my review. Anyway let's start again...

07/05/2018 Argostoli

Before the cruise I had never heard about the City Argostoli or the island Kefalonia. It isn't a famous island in Europe and from Germany it is not easy to go there. Because of that I searched many days in the internet to find interesting places to see. I figured out some beautiful beaches, small villages, an amazing lake and many more. We actually decided to visit Myrtos Beach. It is a wonderful beach that was choosen often to one of the most beautiful beaches around the world. So we had to see this beach. Unfortunately I didn't found an independent excursion to go there. RCCL offered an excursion to the beach but the excursion was sold out when we entered the ship. Uff :-( So we talked to our amazing Diamond Concierge and the tried to book the excursion for us but it failed too.

But she has a perfect suggestion, because she knew a very friendly family from the U.S. and let us get to know each other. So we decided to leave the ship together to catch a taxi to the beautiful beach. It worked perfect and we bargained with to taxi drivers. The only disadvantage was that the taxis in Kefalonia weren't cheap, but it was okay. We did a tour to a beautiful lake in the rocks, the taxis drivers led us along the queue, so we didn't have to wait like the other groups from the ship. The lake, the light and the reflection was amazing. After that we spent some nice time at the beach. The waves were a bit wild, but the water was clear. It was a hot and beautiful day and we got to know wonderful people. After our return to the ship we were very tired and got to sleep a bit on our balcony. We enjoyed a perfect dinner and nice conversation in the Diamond Lounge.