Dancing with the Stars - Spring 2018 Fashions & more

A condensed season starts on April 30th. I haven't heard about any stars or dancers confirmed yet.

I'll miss the first week because we're going on MSC Seaside that week.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/dancing-with-the-stars-all-athletes-new-showrunner/

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

Figure skater Tonya Harding, figure skater Adam Rippon and snowboarder Jamie Anderson are the first 3 stars.

I could do without Tonya, but I guess she's a hot commodity still because of the "I Tonya" movie last year. Don't know if I'll ever watch it since I grew up watching her skate and never liked her even before the whole Nancy thing.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/tonya-harding-joins-dancing-with-the-stars-athletes/?medium=social&utm_campaign=FB

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Forums mobile app

Hi all!

Kerri ~ thanks for this info. I'll watch even though I'm not really into sports. I do remember Tonya Harding & didn't particularly like her either but after seeing the movie & the mother she had am more sympathetic to her. Some of her friends were nuts!!

I really enjoyed the movie.

Looking forward to the new show although I'd rather be sailing too!!;)

~ Jo ~ :)

• 4 weeks later...

We use Dish Network--they didn't have the show available at all! I suspect they are in some kind of negotiation with ABC about prices for running the channel, although they won't admit it.

Not happy! We have no other ability to watch. Hopefully they resolve the dispute as this would affect other shows we watch.

I am not into sports so I only recognized two of the athletes (fewer "stars" than I know in a regular season). I loved Erin's dress. I thought the dress on Tonya Harding was rather matronly. Once again the "big name" (no pun intended) stayed although he barely moved much less danced.

Same here - I was only familiar with Tonya Harding and Kareem, although I'd heard of Jamie and Mirai because my sister is an Olympics junkie. :) I'm not a fan of this super-short format. How are we supposed to get to know anyone? The stars won't have much chance to improve either.

I liked Erin's dress a lot. Carrie Ann's dress looked pretty from what little I saw. Was it a short skirt?

I was okay with the two who went home. Next week three will be eliminated!

I think my favourite is the male ice skater (can't remember his name).

I thought Erin looked really nice. I liked her dress quite a bit. With her hair the way it was, she reminded me of Elsa from "Frozen".

I was ok with who went home--one of whom should have gone last week. We finally got to see the first week, when Dish network was not carrying the network.

Some very good dances for so early in the season. The ice skaters are really, really good, but I always feel like they are kind of ringers; lots of dance lessons, even if not ballroom, lots of performance skills and also used to performing under great stress.

I must say I hate the short season!

I did not care for Erin's dress last week. It looked like something worn in the 30s (and not in a good way). This week's was better but still not my favorite.

I really don't like the 4 week season. I am not getting to know any of the contestants. I was surprised with the results tonight but my favorite is still in.

In my opinion, the best three are not in the finale. Two, yes, the third, no. All of the six tonight were retty good though, especially for such a short season.

What is up with DWS and American Idol rushing through their seasons? It's all too fast.

I can’t believe the season is over already. However, I really did like the one hour finale. The usual two hour ones have too much extra stuff so I usually record it and watch the dances and the last few minutes.

I liked Erin’s and Carrie Ann’s dresses.

Really did not like the last competition dance. I did not understand it or the music.

No big surprise as to the winning duo as I saw them as the frontrunners from the start.

I liked both dresses too, especially Erin's.

The best dancer won, to me. I didn't like the last free style dance either. It was probably quite difficult with all the synchronization, but just not much--spectacle.

• 2 months later...