In Alaska now on Radiance - any questions?

We did a three-day land tour (9B) and are doing the 7 day Southbound cruise right now. We have already stopped in Juneau, Skagway, and Icy Straight Point. We arrive in Ketchikan in 2 hours. So far the trip has been absolutely amazing, and I will submit a full review when we are back in FL and have continuous access to high speed internet...lol. But please feel free to ask any questions in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Curious about drink cards, when they become available and the cost. Also the coffee cards, how many punches for the largest coffee.

If you get a chance to do an internet speed test, please post those numbers.

Will be on that itinerary at the end of August and I'm unsure what would be the best excursions for Icy Straight Point and Ketchikan. I'm taking my elderly parents so nothing too strenuous and I know my stepfather would love to learn about totems and such, but nothing RCI offers looks all that appealing.

Curious about drink cards, when they become available and the cost. Also the coffee cards, how many punches for the largest coffee.

Will check all three when back on ship.

Will be on that itinerary at the end of August and I'm unsure what would be the best excursions for Icy Straight Point and Ketchikan. I'm taking my elderly parents so nothing too strenuous and I know my stepfather would love to learn about totems and such, but nothing RCI offers looks all that appealing.

We did whale watch in Icy Straight Point. Was great. Doing Lumberjack show and trolley tour in Ketchikan - will report back after we do both [emoji6]

We are doing the Northbound Radiance July 13th. How is the weather temps and etc. I'm having a hard time trying to decide what to pack without overdoing it.

When we arrived in Anchorage, we had temps in the 70’s for three days, but it dropped to 50’s as we headed to Seward to board ship. It has been in 50’s and 60’s almost ever day, but it was in 40’s up on Glacier.

Are evening/late night activities plentiful? Or is it truly a ghost ship after 10pm?

I am not sure how plentiful, but there have been some late night activities. I will post the cruise compasses.

Bob, I think you may have missed my review... no drink cards offered, and the internet speed was so poor that it wouldn't even connect to do the test LOL

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2645176

We are doing that same pre-cruise tour next year. How was it?

It was great, but early mornings and long days. The first day is pretty much traveling to Denali. We did an optional excursion this night to DogGoneIt to meet the puppies (fantastic). You see Denali the second morning and take train to Talkeetna in afternoon (train is amazing). The last day you see museum in Anchorage (not enough time to see the whole museum) and then Sea Life Center in Seward (very nice). Then you go over and board the ship. I will post more details in my review.

Can you get hot alcoholic drinks? In particular, hot cocoa and spiked hot cider.

I thought I saw some spiked coffee drinks on the menu at Giovanni’s, but have not noticed if any of the bars were offering any. I do know that hot cocoa was offered at most of the lodges we stayed on our land tour, and on some of the excursions (whale watching, Denali train).

It was great, but early mornings and long days. The first day is pretty much traveling to Denali. We did an optional excursion this night to DogGoneIt to meet the puppies (fantastic). You see Denali the second morning and take train to Talkeetna in afternoon (train is amazing). The last day you see museum in Anchorage (not enough time to see the whole museum) and then Sea Life Center in Seward (very nice). Then you go over and board the ship. I will post more details in my review.

Thanks so much!

Speed test results from our cabin on deck 10:

- Ping: 2ms

- Download: 336.5 KB/s

- Upload: 405.5 KB/s

Coffee Cards are $36, and any size drink is one punch.

Speed test results from our cabin on deck 10:

- Ping: 2ms

- Download: 336.5 KB/s

- Upload: 405.5 KB/s

Coffee Cards are $36, and any size drink is one punch.

Thanks for the info ont he coffee card.

Something is fishy about the internet speed numbers. No way can there be a ping value of 2ms on a satellite link. What speed test method did you use?

Thanks for the info ont he coffee card.

Something is fishy about the internet speed numbers. No way can there be a ping value of 2ms on a satellite link. What speed test method did you use?

I used Speed Test app for Voom. I tried to post screenshot, but it failed.

I'm using SpeedTest Master, what about your speed?https://itunes.apple.com/app/id994788581

I just reran the test app, and this time it said Ping was 4 ms and download was 208 KB/sec.

I used Speed Test app for Voom. I tried to post screenshot, but it failed.

I'm using SpeedTest Master, what about your speed?https://itunes.apple.com/app/id994788581

I just reran the test app, and this time it said Ping was 4 ms and download was 208 KB/sec.

The app is caching something, that ping number cannot be right.

Try this website: speedtest.net.