What's Your Favourite Cocktail?

ClanMcLean

My plan is to pickup a few Milky Way bars before boarding, and head to the Commodore Club to have them make a Milky Way Martini - as inspired by Safarigal.

OK, I've got to ask.... what on earth are the Milky Way bars for? Are they like an aperitif to the cocktail? :')

Absolutely a Milky Way martini! Although it doesn't actually have any Milky Way bars in it. However, that does sound like a good plan.

They are not on the drinks menu anymore, having been replaced by the rather insipid Chocolate Affair, so I have to bring my own recipe. Also they charge way too much for them!

That was what did it for us - the cocktails on the QV on our 1st Cunard cruise in March. The Mary Rose and the Cigar Box. Loved the presentation of them :)

Funny the little things that make you decide to cruise with a company again!

I think the question should rather be: "WHEN is your favourite cocktail?"

Every drink has its time. The Punch à la Romaine at 2300 is a wonderful thing at 2300, yet before dinner, I consider it an atrocity to my taste buds. The Stout Independence is a seriously good drink. Chieftain of the Clan is definitely on the list. The Bear's Guard would make a nice drink for a sunny afternoon in summer (I had mine on a rainy night in March.)

Then, there's also room for discussion. Should the Sazerac be as dry as they make them?

Do they have the right gin selection on board, and what about the vermouth?

wow, that is amazing how much was it?

I can't remember but I'll check on Friday.

The Chart Room menu available online shows the price of the Stout Independence as $10.50. But since we have heard reports that drinks prices may have increased recently, it might be a bit higher now.

Host Hattie, have a great voyage!

Mary Rose? Gin cocktail? Please elaborate . . . it looks so festive and I’m a gin drinker. My husband and I will celebrate the new year on the QMII, and this looks like a perfect start for our voyage.

From the "Gin Cocktails" section of the Queen Victoria "Gin & Fizz at the Midships Lounge" online menu.

The Mary Rose

3 Queens Gin ‘Queen Mary 2’,

Rose Syrup, Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice,

Zonin Special Cuvée Prosecco

$10.50

Since this is from a QV menu, I can't vouch for how readily available it might me on QM2 though.

The Chart Room menu available online shows the price of the Stout Independence as $10.50. But since we have heard reports that drinks prices may have increased recently, it might be a bit higher now.

Host Hattie, have a great voyage!

Thank you

I like basic martinis & G&T with Tanqueray 10, which is not common, but is carried on the QM2.

Also I love a good, basic (1-1-1) Negroni on the rocks.

I've recently seen a write-up on the Aviation - and will have to give it a shot this crossing.

- Mark