drinks package on Azura

Why not regard it as the similar to the cabin choice if money was everything then we would all travel in the smallest cheapest cabin. But some like light space position on the ship etc etc and will happily pay for that as it meets THEIR needs. You makes your choice and you pay your money. Job done.

I agree that choices are what makes any experience personal, my only concern is after seeing drink prices escalate dramatically on Celebrity after they implemented a similar drinks package, maybe the same could happen on P&O.

In which case low volume drinkers will be the ones who lose out.

I agree that choices are what makes any experience personal, my only concern is after seeing drink prices escalate dramatically on Celebrity after they implemented a similar drinks package, maybe the same could happen on P&O.

True

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hear you but that is like anything in life someone somewhere will not be in the target audience for the so called "deal" or "package" and potentially looses out. On a cruise as a solo thats me in respect of the fare (yet my on board spend is more than a couple spends in 2 weeks from posts on here) and the offer for "Free child places" - no do not have children. So it goes on. It is unfortunate but it is reality. Hopefully low volume will mean that the increase will not be huge.

We may be panicking about increases etc too early. P&O are dramatically increasing their capacity year on year, for example, if Iona is replacing a smaller ship, that is an extra 3,000 spaces they have to fill every week. Their first priority will be to fill the ships, so they need to compete with the competition. I don’t think our prices will jump drastically for a while. There has always been passengers thinking they are paying too much and others getting absolute bargains, that is the joy of ‘fluid’ pricing....

There is nothing on the P&O site that supports any of this about it being brought in across the fleet quite the opposite the trial on Azura is coming to an end and there is no plans to continue it.

Would you be able to post a link please? I found the reference to the trial on Azura but not that it's being discontinued.

The 'fleet wide' confusion will be due to the P&O 'Moments' magazine, which contained an article about the drinks package with no reference to it being a trial on Azura, the clear implication being that it was going to be fleet wide.

Post #212 says the opposite :-

I was informed that they are rolling out the drinks package fleet wide from 30th September & I would not be able to buy the soda card.

:confused:

I’ve just come off the phone to customer services about something else but also asked them if there were any plans to roll out the drinks package and I was told there are no plans at the moment. Usual mixed messages it seems!

I’ve just come off the phone to customer services about something else but also asked them if there were any plans to roll out the drinks package and I was told there are no plans at the moment. Usual mixed messages it seems!

Well I should find out on Saturday when we join Azura, but you might have to wait till Wednesday when we reach Madeira before I can post any answer.

There is no mixed messages at the moment it is a trial taking place on Azura and not until the end of the trial or very near the end will senior management decide either to roll it out across the fleet or to discontinue. Until then nobody knows just giving opinions and with my dealings in the past regarding other things most of the time they contradict info given and most of the time dont know what day it is.

I have just called them to ask why Ia cannot book a coffee or soft drinks package for my cruise on Azura in October and the lady I spoke to said that all drinks packages are being changed at the moment and until the official prices come through then they are not able to take any bookings for them. I did ask if one of the packages was going to be an "All Inclusive Drinks package" and she said yes.

I have just called them to ask why Ia cannot book a coffee or soft drinks package for my cruise on Azura in October and the lady I spoke to said that all drinks packages are being changed at the moment and until the official prices come through then they are not able to take any bookings for them. I did ask if one of the packages was going to be an "All Inclusive Drinks package" and she said yes.

The trial was for only one all inclusive package but you will find when it is rolled out fleet wide there will be more than one option. The trial was to find out where the potential issues were and to get feedback so when it does go fleet wide it will be to more peoples' taste.

The trial was for only one all inclusive package but you will find when it is rolled out fleet wide there will be more than one option. The trial was to find out where the potential issues were and to get feedback so when it does go fleet wide it will be to more peoples' taste.

No it wasnt there were 4 drinks packages- 1) Ultimate Drinks Package £39-95 per day 2) Non alcohoilc package £19-95 per day 3)Hot drinks Package £10-95 per day 4) Children's drink package £7-95 per day.

No it wasnt there were 4 drinks packages- 1) Ultimate Drinks Package £39-95 per day 2) Non alcohoilc package £19-95 per day 3)Hot drinks Package £10-95 per day 4) Children's drink package £7-95 per day.

Maybe sweep2907 meant that there would be more than one ‘alcoholic’ package?

• Like 1

So P&O have now confirmed the drinks packages are to be rolled out across the fleet from 30.09.18. I have had this confirmed from P&O. I have also heard that the Costa and Soft Drinks cards are to stop and be replaced with different packages.

Will be interested to see what’s launched/announced

We are on our first P&O cruise at Easter and are debating not having a package to see how much we actually spend before our 2 week cruise later in the year, so used to having a drinks package it would be weird 'paying as you go'.