New to P&O.. comparisons to celebrity s class ships

beaveh

I’ve only done a few cruises and the last couple were on celebrity, but now I fancy a change.

How do P&O compare food wise ( buffet and speciality dining) are there cover charges for different venues.

We liked the gym, spa and solarium on the celebrity ships. Do the P&O boats compare well in these areas?

Are drinks reasonably priced or do they do soft drinks packages ( inc water, teas and coffees)

We haven’t found an itinerary yet, but looking for a quiet ( kid free) med cruise. :)

I’ve sailed on the Britannia twice & I have been on a Celebrity S class ship once. I will be going on one again next year & then the Iona in 2020.

I think I prefer Celebrity for food overall. Celebrity basically have more choice when it comes to dining in speciality restaurants and a cover charge although they don’t have a fabulous afternoon tea spread with Eric Lanlard cakes which is a plus & an cover charge for P&O on the Britannia.

The Britannia also trumped Celebrity in the fact that it has a t pool in the spa & S class ships don’t have one!

At the moment P&O don’t have a drinks package but Celebrity usually do & it’s been nice not to have to worry about what drinks to have when a lot have been included.

In essence I like both companies. I love the P&O deluxe balcony cabins. I find them more elegant than Celebrity S class ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We’ve narrowed the cruise down to the Oceana, in the med. the s class ships had a great adults only pool under cover ( in the solarium ). Close to the spa and the gym. I would class it ‘ the quiet end of the ship ‘ . Is there a comparable place on the oceana?

We are much more quiet lounge type people, rather than busy bar and hubbub type people. So we will be seeking out the layed back quiet places on board :)

I’m in the Solarium of Eclipse now and Oceana is a country mile away from S class standards. Cabins are smaller and somewhat dated food as previously stated is better on Celebrity but P&O speciality dining has the edge for me

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're making me envious !

If I ever want to relax at home I imagine I'm in the solarium with relaxing music watching the fountains.

I think it will be Oceana balcony cabin and spending the money we save on speciality dining.

What are the free sauna / spa arrangements on Oceana? Is there a steam room or just a sauna ?