Senior Team?

markfull

Yo need to check your Moments magazine (from Peninsular Club). The list is usually towards the end

Any idea when the next one is due out? We're sailing in April 2019 so am guessing that the Captain etc may be in that one. Used to think that a Captain made little difference until we had one that was not at all personable ! (To be polite)

The reason I ask is that, on the 2 P&O cruises we've done so far the difference between the Cruise Directors was marked!

The 1st was absolutely brilliant, always seen about and getting involved, humorous announcements etc. The 2nd, whilst seemingly very competent, just wasn't as engaging!

Ditto the captains, to a lesser extent.

I feel that because of this my posting is quite valid. If my enquiry seems pointless to some people (which they have every right to think) then maybe they should just ignore it!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The reason I ask is that, on the 2 P&O cruises we've done so far the difference between the Cruise Directors was marked!

The 1st was absolutely brilliant, always seen about and getting involved, humorous announcements etc. The 2nd, whilst seemingly very competent, just wasn't as engaging!

I feel that because of this my posting is quite valid. If my enquiry seems pointless to some people (which they have every right to think) then maybe they should just ignore it!

Am with you on this one. ;p On our cruise on Oceana in August 2016 the Captain was here. there and everywhere. It was a pleasure to meet him and the whole crew had nothing other than good things to say about him (genuinely). On Ventura in August 2017 it just didn't feel the same.......... enough said.

Have to say, we always like it when the Chief Engineer is Scottish ( as many are ) but then again we love Star Trek :p

I might be wrong, but I think you have to be Mediterrean or up to get the magazine? Anyway, it only gives the team up to November of this year.
Thanks Jeanlyon

We're on Britannia sailing from Southampton 26 Oct. Any details would be welcome!

Am with you on this one. ;p On our cruise on Oceana in August 2016 the Captain was here. there and everywhere. It was a pleasure to meet him and the whole crew had nothing other than good things to say about him (genuinely). On Ventura in August 2017 it just didn't feel the same.......... enough said.

It can depend upon cruise itinerary. We’ve just come back from an Azura cruise to Hamburg and Amsterdam. Speaking to the captain on the penultimate night, he was explaining how this cruise was particularly technically demanding on the crew due to the two river navigations and accordingly this had required him to be on the bridge more than usual hence less passenger interaction.

Edited by molecrochip
spelling mistake

I might be wrong, but I think you have to be Mediterrean or up to get the magazine? Anyway, it only gives the team up to November of this year.

I'm only Atlantic and I get it. I think you only have to be a Peninsular Club member and to have opted in for receiving stuff through the post.

I understand what you are saying but how will it help if you know who it is beforehand? There's nothing you can do about it.

Thanks Jeanlyon

We're on Britannia sailing from Southampton 26 Oct. Any details would be welcome!

Just looked at Moments :

Captain Paul Brown

Ents mgr Neil Oliver

You are in luck both very personable.

Enjoy your cruise

Just looked at Moments :

Captain Paul Brown

Ents mgr Neil Oliver

You are in luck both very personable.

Enjoy your cruise

Just goes to show - one man's meat, etc. We've had Paul Brown on 2 cruises and not known him to engage with passengers or have much personality. Rarely seen around the ship. Neil Oliver was brilliant on our first cruise when he and Capt Brown were on Azura, when they got promoted to Britannia Neil came across as big-headed and too good to talk to pax. Wesley Dunlop last year was a very good captain, nice announcements and very pleasant to chat to, often see around the ship. Best captain in our limited experience - the lovely Capt Turnbull.

Just goes to show - one man's meat, etc. We've had Paul Brown on 2 cruises and not known him to engage with passengers or have much personality. Rarely seen around the ship. Neil Oliver was brilliant on our first cruise when he and Capt Brown were on Azura, when they got promoted to Britannia Neil came across as big-headed and too good to talk to pax. Wesley Dunlop last year was a very good captain, nice announcements and very pleasant to chat to, often see around the ship. Best captain in our limited experience - the lovely Capt Turnbull.

I have to agree that Captain Turnbull is lovely but my personal favourite is Andrew Willard.