Royal IQ on Harmony

We are on the Harmony in two weeks with our family of 14 aged 11 to 73. This is our third cruise together and we are all excited. We are hoping to use the Royal IQ app to stay in touch with each other on the ship. We have downloaded the app to our phones (some are Iphones and some are android). I know we have to pay $7.50 per phone Does anyone know when we do that? Does anyone have any experience with the Royal IQ app?

We are on the Harmony in two weeks with our family of 14 aged 11 to 73. This is our third cruise together and we are all excited. We are hoping to use the Royal IQ app to stay in touch with each other on the ship. We have downloaded the app to our phones (some are Iphones and some are android). I know we have to pay $7.50 per phone Does anyone know when we do that? Does anyone have any experience with the Royal IQ app?

You pay when you get on the ship. The app has to be connected to the ship's WiFi in order to process the charge to you onboard account.

I was on the Harmony a couple of years ago an d used the Royal IQ app with family and "LOVED" it. We were able to stay constantly in touch throughout our cruise day and night. There was the occasional snaffu where it took longer than expected for a text to go through, but other than that it was nice. I missed it on our recent Symphony of the Seas cruise and look forward to using again when we sail once more on the Harmony.

I know we have to pay $7.50 per phone Does anyone know when we do that?

Texting is a paid option ($8) within the app itself after you connect to the ship WiFi. The iMessage texting to your iPhones should also work - that is NOT integrated with app texting.

So do i need to pay to imessage

What free stuff does the app do?

If i do need to pay, is it $8 for the whole cruise, per person

No.

You can see ship info, your schedule and can book stuff

Whole cruise per device.

That’s a great unexpected bonus. We all have iphones so keeping in touch on board for free is terrific

We were on Harmony 2 weeks ago and used (free) iMessage to communicate with each other. We also received texts from people at home in the US as well.

To use iMessage for free, how do we set our phones? Do we put them in airplane mode and turn on wifi, or is there something else that we have to do? Please forgive me if this is a silly question, but we are seniors and not overly savvy about technology!

Thanks for any information you can give me.

To use iMessage for free, how do we set our phones? Do we put them in airplane mode and turn on wifi, or is there something else that we have to do? Please forgive me if this is a silly question, but we are seniors and not overly savvy about technology!

Thanks for any information you can give me.

You also have to have an iPhone -- this won't work with any other brand of phone.

We were on Harmony 2 weeks ago and used (free) iMessage to communicate with each other. We also received texts from people at home in the US as well.

+1. Just off Harmony today. Imessage worked for FREE onboard & US based texts. Images & photos would not send.

But if you connect to the ship's wifi, wouldn't you have to first purchase a wifi package for each device you would be using for imessage? New to this. thanks!!

When you connect to the WiFi, you may get promoted to enter an access code or login credentials. Just ignore that.