Harmony verses Oasis...couch-bedding question

Me and my family recently cruised on the Oasis and had a wonderful time! However, the kids had to sleep on the pull out bed (couch, not a pullman). They didn’t mind until they noticed one side felt like a rock and the other side was soft. They had to switch sides every other night (fairness). Can someone who has sailed both ships and utilized the pullout couch option tell me if they noticed any difference in the quality/softness of the couch pullout on the Harmony? Since it’s a much newer ship we were hoping it’s softer. We booked this ocean balcony under the impression there would be a Pullman available in this room. I was just told, after already booking, that there is not a Pullman in any ocean balcony rooms. Can’t switch to suite due to cost.

I'm sure couches differ from cabin to cabin. If they need to switch nightly, so be it. Most kids can sleep anywhere...I know my kids could!

True! But they’re now getting older. One will be 16 and the other will be 20 when we sail next year. I have to admit the couch half of the pullout was as hard as a rock and the other half was normal.

True! But they’re now getting older. One will be 16 and the other will be 20 when we sail next year. I have to admit the couch half of the pullout was as hard as a rock and the other half was normal.

The sofabed on the Harmony is a completely different piece of furniture. It folds out differently. The second half of the bed pulls out from beneath like a trundle. Then the two pieces comes together.

I have no idea how this affects comfort.

Sometimes two connecting staterooms are almost the same price as one stateroom With 4 persons. Guess you have check that out? The kids can get their own bed that way. :) Even put the kids in an inside stateroom across the hall.

Sometimes two connecting staterooms are almost the same price as one stateroom With 4 persons. Guess you have check that out? The kids can get their own bed that way. :) Even put the kids in an inside stateroom across the hall.

I was shocked at how cheaply I got two outside balcony cabins for on the Harmony. The same vendor has inside cabins for less than $500 per person for the week and they even throw in $100 onboard credit per cabin. This is a 1/5/2020 itinerary, but maybe OP can only go during more expensive dates.

• 3 weeks later...
I was shocked at how cheaply I got two outside balcony cabins for on the Harmony. The same vendor has inside cabins for less than $500 per person for the week and they even throw in $100 onboard credit per cabin. This is a 1/5/2020 itinerary, but maybe OP can only go during more expensive dates.

Correct. Having one in college and the other a junior in high school, our schedules all vary. Summertime is the only common free time.

Adjoining rooms are around 10 grand. Inside rooms cost more than balcony. Why? Not sure. As it is, this is a six grand cruise. I applaud those who and swing ten grand so freely. Anyhow, that WAS NOT THE POINT OF MY QUESTION. I’m looking for info on the sofa bed on Harmony verses the sofa bed on Oasis of the Sea (which felt like a brick on one half and soft on the other). Is Harmony the same way? Anyone know???

Correct. Having one in college and the other a junior in high school, our schedules all vary. Summertime is the only common free time.

Adjoining rooms are around 10 grand. Inside rooms cost more than balcony. Why? Not sure. As it is, this is a six grand cruise. I applaud those who and swing ten grand so freely. Anyhow, that WAS NOT THE POINT OF MY QUESTION. I’m looking for info on the sofa bed on Harmony verses the sofa bed on Oasis of the Sea (which felt like a brick on one half and soft on the other). Is Harmony the same way? Anyone know???

you will not know until you board and sleep on the couch the first night. its no different than any sleeper sofa in people's homes. some are soft, some are bricks. some sag, some don't. the exact same brand sofa will be different in each person's home. same with the ones on board. Cabin A may be all hard. Cabin B may be all soft. Cabin C may be half and half. if they are that picky, consider bringing a twin size air mattress or your own egg crate topper,

the fact that you have 4 people for $6k is a deal since I pay $5k on average for just the two of us.

• 1 month later...
you will not know until you board and sleep on the couch the first night. its no different than any sleeper sofa in people's homes. some are soft, some are bricks. some sag, some don't. the exact same brand sofa will be different in each person's home. same with the ones on board. Cabin A may be all hard. Cabin B may be all soft. Cabin C may be half and half. if they are that picky, consider bringing a twin size air mattress or your own egg crate topper,

the fact that you have 4 people for $6k is a deal since I pay $5k on average for just the two of us.

Thank you! Your post is the first one that has made any sense to me. :D :D:D