Rainforest

cruisin1982

Same on DCL--you can use the locker room showers and sauna at no charge. The rainforest is much nicer on the newer ships, but the same price regardless of the ship. I've found that I like it on cold weather cruises, not on warm weather. Frankly, as the prices have increased, I don't use it any more. Rainforest is a series of steam rooms with different scents and steam intensity, some specialty showers that sometimes even work, and on the newer ships, some hot tube with great views. On the classic ships, everything is inside and there are no hot tubs. Yes, there are hot tubs outside of the spa area on all ships. Yes, it is coed, swimsuit required.

The rainforest is the same as the "thermal suite" on Princess, the "Persian Garden on Celebrity," etc. All the spas are run by Steiner and are basically the same. DCL's is a bit prettier. I don't know if Carnival has one or what it is called.

In my opinion, so not worth it. Theres really limited privacy in the main stream rooms and showers and we had to stalk the famous heated ceramic chairs. When we complained about the number of people monopolizing the area they looked at us funny and offered us a smelly scrub. It's definitely not something I would do again. In fact we bought 2 day passes and only used 1.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

My favorite (not) was the guy who fell asleep in the heated lounger. He was there for hours. Specifically he was there snoring when I entered and he was still there after I'd spent all the time I wanted in the rainforest, showered, etc. and I looked in as I was leaving just to see if he was still there. Yup.

Some people swear by it. We won a day pass playing Match Your Mate and after experiencing it on the Fantasy, not sure I would pay for it. The loungers are nice, but how much time can you spend in a shower? To each his own, I guess.

I guess I'm a little different than others. I bought a day pass for a couple of my cruises. I have back problems and absolutely loved laying on the heated loungers on both the Dream and Fantasy while looking out at the ocean. I thought it was so peaceful!! Definitely one of my best memories from the cruises.

When I was on my Mediterranean cruise on the Magic I didn't go because the cruise was so busy and the loungers aren't located in an area with windows on the older ships.

I guess I'm a little different than others. I bought a day pass for a couple of my cruises. I have back problems and absolutely loved laying on the heated loungers on both the Dream and Fantasy while looking out at the ocean. I thought it was so peaceful!! Definitely one of my best memories from the cruises.

When I was on my Mediterranean cruise on the Magic I didn't go because the cruise was so busy and the loungers aren't located in an area with windows on the older ships.

That's a key. On the "classic" ships, the entire facility is inside with no exterior view. There is also a lot less available in the rainforest on those ships, but the cost is the same as on the newer ships.

I've really enjoyed it on a few of our "cold weather" cruises, but I've also seen the cost double over the years. I don't even think about "length of cruise" passes any more. I'd enjoy a day on a winter cruise, maybe.

That's a key. On the "classic" ships' date=' the entire facility is inside with no exterior view. There is also a lot less available in the rainforest on those ships, but the cost is the same as on the newer ships.

I've really enjoyed it on a few of our "cold weather" cruises, but I've also seen the cost double over the years. I don't even think about "length of cruise" passes any more. I'd enjoy a day on a winter cruise, maybe.[/quote']

I was just about to post the same. Loved the rain forest on the Fantasy but would pass next time I'm on the Magic or Wonder.