Just back from Harmony - June 30- July 7 - Happy to answer questions

We sailed with 6500 passengers and it was A LOT of people. 45 Quinceanera girls with their families, they were beautiful and it was fun to observe. It felt like most other passengers were in groups much larger than ours. Of course it was a holiday week.

This was our 5th RCCL, but we haven't cruised in 8 years. Have also done 2 on Disney, a couple of Celebrity, and a few Carnival back in the 80's & 90s. I prefer land based vacations now that my kids are older.

This was a 3 generation cruise, ages 71-9. We did not do any kid club or teen activities per my kids choice.

There was NOT lobster in Windjammer on Lobster night. In fact, the dinners at Windjammer were nothing like the menu in the Main Dining room. Our MTD was at 8pm so we peeked in at Windjammer a few days. I did enjoy making a plate of cheese and fruit in Windjammer to eat while I got ready for dinner.

We were not charged a corkage fee and had wine nightly with dinner. Sometimes 2 bottles that we brought with us. We had 4 cabins and brought 8 bottles of wine.

GREAT -

Embarkation at 10:30am was quick and smooth. We were in the first 50 people to board the ship.

our cabin steward was probably the best we have ever had. Christian from the Phillipines, deck 14.

Aqua shows

Bananas Flambe in Windjammer at dinner, the merengue on the lemon cupcakes and the cream cheese frosting on the carrot cupcakes.

Wonderland - if you like that type of dining. Pedro was our server and I predict he will be a star one day with RCCL. This was the only specialty dining we did and I would've eaten there every night. Next cruise I will budget to do specialty dining every night. We went back the next night at Pedro's invitation for just dessert for our family, it's $10 per dessert, not per person.

Group lesson on Flow Rider - well worth the $65, we did it on embarkation day.

Refreshment package - we surprised our teenagers with this - it was fun to try fruity drinks and they also did specialty coffees every day and fresh OJ about every other day.

Park Cafe was great for lunch. I really enjoyed Central Park.

Solarium was nice and quiet and not very busy. Always plenty of chairs and those clam shell palapas to choose from.

Ship laundry - we did the press for our dress shirts the first day. Then DH continued to drip food on his clothes and the stains were gone after using the laundry service. Well worth the $, it's quite inexpensive.

Captain Johnny was a hoot.

We did the luggage valet for 1 room (we had 2 connecting cabins) - well worth the $60. ($25 per person plus the extra $10 since we had to pay the extra 2nd bag fee to American)

DISASTER -

My Time Dining - dinner consistently took 2 -2.5 hours even though we told them we wanted quick service. Our reservations were 7:30-8. So we missed all of the shows and a lot of the evening entertainment.

Shore excursions - there was never anyone there or anyone who could competently answer questions about the Grease Behind the Scenes tour. We did not book it.

Spa - we did the tour on the first day and they were so slow and rude with making reservations that we gave up. We saved a ton of $ that way so it all worked out. We also tried to book a hot stone massage for my 17 year old but you have to be 18. My sister did the glue on eyelashes (the ones they glue to your own lashes) and they all stuck to her pillow the first night and fell off. She did not put mascara or makeup remover on them.

Labadee was just ok - I am allergic to Mango and that is a key ingredient in the Labadoozie - they were very reluctant to make a frozen margarita - super odd. I did convince the lady making the pineapple filled pina colada to give me pina colada without the pineapple upcharge since I was allergic to mango. Most of the bars only had Labadoozies and beer. We went to Columbus Cove. Plenty of shade. I'm a beach snob and thought it wasn't very pretty.

WOW bands - my daughter's didn't work nearly every day - we went through 3 bands. They would frequently just write down the cabin number and then my account would be charged instead of hers. We went to guest services daily to have it adjusted.

Debarkation at 9am took 45 minutes......we had plenty of time for our 12 noon flight from FLL but still......

We did not do the Escape Room. It would've been super $$$ for 9 of us. We have several in our city. We didn't really do anything that cost extra....plenty of free to keep us busy!

Any must eat in MDR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am kinda picky and am allergic to shellfish & don't eat much meat so I was pretty limited.

My family LOVED the escargot. I would say the beef dishes were the best choice most nights. We missed the lamb chop night. The lamb shank was good. I like the mushroom soup and onion soup and smoked tomato soup.

The warm dark chocolate cookie was the best dessert. Like a brownie with ice cream in an individual dish.

The horseradish crusted salmon was inedible.

I am kinda picky and am allergic to shellfish & don't eat much meat so I was pretty limited.

My family LOVED the escargot. I would say the beef dishes were the best choice most nights. We missed the lamb chop night. The lamb shank was good. I like the mushroom soup and onion soup and smoked tomato soup.

The warm dark chocolate cookie was the best dessert. Like a brownie with ice cream in an individual dish.

The horseradish crusted salmon was inedible.

Thank you

We ordered multiple apps and entrees to try. The only things that didn't get eaten were the horseradish salmon and the indian dish that was on the menu. We did not ask for the indian dishes that were off the menu. The Indian dishes in the Windjammer were excellent.

My issue with the main dining room was that it was SO SLOW! Seriously 2-2.5 hours for 3 courses when we ordered all at once was painful. I blame the entire operation from the kitchen on down. The head waiter was completely fake and unhelpful. Our server was friendly but slow. For example, she had to go to the kitchen and physically get our food and wheel it to the dining room. IMO, she should not have had to leave the serving area.

There were no reservations for the hibachi all week. There are only 2 hibachi tables at Izumi. Not an issue for me as I am allergic to shellfish and never do hibachi. So, if you really want that, book it ahead of time. My kids and sister and BIL did the sushi making class and it was fun and a ton of food for $33. Again, shellfish allergy. I'm not a lot of fun! But I do eat fish sushi at home!

Also, the margaritas at Sabor were yummy. We did happy hour one day. We tried all 3 of the featured - avocado, sweet and spicy, and jalapeno cucumber. I liked all of them, and as I said, I'm picky. We did 2 happy hour combos with a margarita and guac for $12 each and my mom had the drink package so she just did a margarita. There was enough guac to share and I would rate it as average-good. Not made tableside. Also, no food available at Sabor Bar.

My issue with the main dining room was that it was SO SLOW! Seriously 2-2.5 hours for 3 courses when we ordered all at once was painful. I blame the entire operation from the kitchen on down. The head waiter was completely fake and unhelpful. Our server was friendly but slow. For example, she had to go to the kitchen and physically get our food and wheel it to the dining room. IMO, she should not have had to leave the serving area.

That’s crazy! We were on the same cruise last week and had my time dining. We ate there twice (day 1 and 3) and were finished within 90 minutes max. We sat down at 5:30 and were done by 7. (We did speciality dining or WJ all other days.)

Also, the margaritas at Sabor were yummy. We did happy hour one day. We tried all 3 of the featured - avocado, sweet and spicy, and jalapeno cucumber. I liked all of them, and as I said, I'm picky. We did 2 happy hour combos with a margarita and guac for $12 each and my mom had the drink package so she just did a margarita. There was enough guac to share and I would rate it as average-good. Not made tableside. Also, no food available at Sabor Bar.

My wife is dying for Sabor thanks for info

I have a cabin booked on deck 14. How did you like it? Did you have any issues with noise from the deck above?

Not really, We were in 14576 and 14574. A few deck chairs being moved in the AM. The hallways were very loud with people running and talking loudly. I called guest services the 1st night but it still went on until 2am.

We had a portable Bose speaker and we turned on our white noise app and I slept really well after that!! I would've been in trouble with just ear plugs.

The location was great - close to Solarium and pool decks.

Are there formal nights on the cruise? Did people participate. Are slacks and a polo acceptable?

2 formal nights. People were very dressed up the 1st night, I was quite surprised at the number of people. We were in long dresses and suits. But you will be fine in anything. The 2nd night was much less - they changed our lobster night but kept the formal night for the 4th of July.

Were there any 4th of July activities?

Was on Harmony as well. There was face painting, balloon making and a hot dog eating contest on the Boardwalk. There was a 6:30 rock concert in the aquatheater by the house band. Also, a massive balloon drop on the Royal Prominade.

Was on Harmony as well. There was face painting, balloon making and a hot dog eating contest on the Boardwalk. There was a 6:30 rock concert in the aquatheater by the house band. Also, a massive balloon drop on the Royal Prominade.

And a big cake of the USA! :)

How were the seas? I'm on Harmony next year the week of 4th of July and my family is a little worried about rough seas (usually we only cruise in the Spring). I know that seas change and such but thought I would ask.