Room Service Tip

Seabiscuit66

Nothing - I've already paid the auto tips.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

On most lines I’ve sailed, room service waiters do not participate in the auto tips (service charge); they have various assignments - in MDR, cafeteria, wherever (where they do get a share) —- but they volunteer for room service duty as an additional function.

So, in those cases, you should have abbreviated your response: “Nothing.”

I don't know about other lines, but on Carnival room service servers don't get any part of the auto gratuities.

I tip a couple of dollars if I order coffee or snacks for one and double that if ordering for two.

I've never ordered full meals but if they had to maneuver multiple or heavy trays would probably increase the tip.

$1-5, depending on how much they have to carry! Most lines are now charging a fee, which does include a tip....but the folks who deliver are kitchen staff, and not really part of the other tips you pay....so a small tip is a lovely token for their trouble.

I generally tip $2 but if the person delivering normally works in the MDR or cafeteria they're very much part of the gratuities pool.

The daily gratuities are allocated to a number of people in addition to the room steward and the waiters.

The daily fee when cruise lines implemented it, was to pay all the employees we didn’t see in addition to people like cabin stewards and dining room waiters. Why would/are room service delivery workers excluded from this collective payment?

because its a volunteer thing. ( just like the in room babysitting) they volunteer in the hopes of getting a few extra bucks.

we generally give between $2-5 as well. lower end for just coffee and pastries, , upper end for anything hot or late at night.

I do not think the stewards assigned to Room Service ss all are voluteers. I get t it about the tips but think they are assigned there.

Do you have actual knowledge to the contrary?

I do not think the stewards assigned to Room Service ss all are voluteers. I get t it about the tips but think they are assigned there.

Do you have actual knowledge to the contrary?

Notarized proof from Carnival headquarters? No.

My "actual knowledge" is a conversation with one of the servers attending the Carnival Chef's Table. I recognized her from early morning coffee deliveries. She said she volunteered for both room service delivery and Chef's table for the extra money.

Another additional cost you do not have if you sail an all inclusive line, like Regent. You can have coffee delivered at no cost, no tip needed that's another $100+ not on your end bill. When you work it out Regent and all inclusive are not more expensive, especially as all tips are up front, it amazes me how much tipping adds to US costs if you add $2-3 just for a coffee, your into hundreds of $ for hand out culture nickel and dimming !!

Another additional cost you do not have if you sail an all inclusive line, like Regent. You can have coffee delivered at no cost, no tip needed that's another $100+ not on your end bill. When you work it out Regent and all inclusive are not more expensive, especially as all tips are up front, it amazes me how much tipping adds to US costs if you add $2-3 just for a coffee, your into hundreds of $ for hand out culture nickel and dimming !!

7 night cruise, $3 tip every morning, $21.