Transatlantic Cruise Question

My wife and I are booked on the Symphony of the Seas’ first trip across the Atlantic on October 28/18.

Our question is about the weather...is anybody able to give us any information about what to expect? We leave Barcelona October 28 and arrive in Miami November 9. In all we are 8 days at sea and naturally a little unsure of what to pack.

Your thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Welcome to cruise critic.

Anything that you can layer works well. Also depends if you plan to spend a lot of time on deck, pool, etc. Last TA I took was from Southampton. Stopped in Portugal/Canary Islands. Weather definitely got warmer the further south and closer to Miami we got.

Regardless of the time of year many people find the ship’s air conditioning to be chilly and prefer long sleeves or light wrap indoors.

The Med can be chilly, but as soon as you pass Gibraltar you will find that the Atlantic keeps its summer warmth through November . You are likely to have temps from about 70 getting up to about 80 as you near Florida. Of course weather and sea conditions are anyone’s guess any time of year.

My wife and I are booked on the Symphony of the Seas’ first trip across the Atlantic on October 28/18.

Our question is about the weather...is anybody able to give us any information about what to expect? We leave Barcelona October 28 and arrive in Miami November 9. In all we are 8 days at sea and naturally a little unsure of what to pack.

Your thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

We have done three TA'S out of the Med in Oct. and, knock on wood, all three have been great weather. Shorts and t's every day. As I remember it rained on a few nights, but every day was great.

FYI... booking of shows opened yesterday, we were able to book all nine shows but several with multiple show days have already been removed on certain days. Book the Aqua show as early in the cruise as possible, it is the one show that cancels a lot. Don't wait too long. sea you onboard.

The shortest distance is a Great Circle routing, which in the N/Hemisphere goes North. However, crossing the Atlantic westbound they do not take the shortest route, heading south to avoid the Gulf Stream.

Therefore a westbound sailing has a better chance of getting better weather. In my experience crossing the Atlantic at any time of year can be hit or miss, have experienced everything from calm to Force 10+ storms. In Oct/November I would expect moderate winds most days.

Starting in the Meddy, you also miss the Bay of Biscay, which is another positive.

Thanks for all the responses...I have another question ��

Does anyone know how many formal nights there will be on this cruise and what days they will be on...this is the TA from Barcelona to Miami October 28-November 9/18.

There will be three. Good chance the first one will be the second night, then hard to guess for sure. Hope you read my post from above and are making all your show reservations today. This cruise will probably have 3000+ C@A members on board, the vast majority Diamond and above who do a lot of TA"S and book everything the week of reservations opening. Have you been on the roll call, it is very active with well over 100,000 posts and replies. Sea you in 70 days.