Bottled wine, drink pricing? Drink package or not?

_lefty26_

Really not looking to "get ahead". Simply wondering what I am getting myself into. Enjoy wine with my dinner and also while reading at night. Thinking that bottles of wine may be the way to go, if the remainder is allowed to be taken from the restaurant.

Really not looking to "get ahead". Simply wondering what I am getting myself into. Enjoy wine with my dinner and also while reading at night. Thinking that bottles of wine may be the way to go, if the remainder is allowed to be taken from the restaurant.

Don't worry, you are not "getting ahead", you paid for it. You can take the bottle back to your cabin or they will store it for you until the next night. You can also buy a bottle at one of the bars and bring it back to your cabin.

Not cheap, but if you have a drink package they offer a discount (20-30%?) on the bottles wines. General rule of thumb, you will need to consume 6-7 drinks per day every day as a rough break even to the drink package cost.

Drink packages frequently go on sale, but if you figure around $50 a day you would need to consume less than 6-7. Beers around $6 and up; mixed drinks $8 and up; glasses of wine $10 and up; frozen drinks at least $12, so when you include soda, specialty coffee, fresh squeezed juice and bottled water, it's easy to hit the dollar amount.

You also get a discount on bottles of wine, which you can buy and use in the dining room. Can take with you, or leave for the next night. You can purchase a bottle to take to your cabin.

Perhaps if it is offered on sale and discounted that much, but I believe the price on RCI is more in the $60 - $65 range? Maybe others can confirm.

Royal Caribbean has one unlimited alcohol package to choose from, the DeluxeBeverage package, which costs $55 per passenger, per day and features unlimited beers, wine by the glass, cocktails, non-alcoholic beverages, premium coffee, tea, fountain soda, fresh squeezed juices, sparking and bottled still water.

Above is from RC website. On regular CC boards many people often quote prices of $40-50 as being on sale. Usually price per drink is capped at around $12 - any drink that is higher you pay the difference plus 18% gratuity on the difference.

Royal Caribbean has one unlimited alcohol package to choose from, the DeluxeBeverage package, which costs $55 per passenger, per day and features unlimited beers, wine by the glass, cocktails, non-alcoholic beverages, premium coffee, tea, fountain soda, fresh squeezed juices, sparking and bottled still water.

Above is from RC website. On regular CC boards many people often quote prices of $40-50 as being on sale. Usually price per drink is capped at around $12 - any drink that is higher you pay the difference plus 18% gratuity on the difference.

Thanks for the update. To be fair, we don't buy the packages because our cruising style would not support the overall cost. And with our C & A tier the nightly program typically covers enough that individual purchases beyond that would never reach the daily level. So I am not speaking from direct experience but mostly through anecdotal and 3rd party comments.

Your information is helpful and should offer good perspective to the OP.