How much time per day do you use your balcony - poll

LMaxwell

We love having a balcony! When we can afford it, we use ours A LOT. Sailaway, relaxing, reading, morning coffee, before bedtime star gazing. Also we love watching the ship pull into the ports and we especially love watching the runners trying to get back to the ship at sailaway time! :D:D:D

We book balconies just for the size of the room. We very rarely use it, maybe 4-5 minutes in the morning just checking things out, and maybe 5-10 minutes in the evening before dinner. We always ask ourselves why we book balconies, but we always come down to we like the cabin, more then the actual balcony space.

Us, too. We don't use it except sometimes to check the weather. We like the light and the ability to go out if we want. On rare occasions, we've had breakfast there or gone out to read a book, but, mostly, we don't use it.

We use it a lot. Some in the morning. Sometimes breakfast. Or just a relax and enjoy the view at times.

Watching sunrise or sunset. A cuddle in the evening. And at night, if awake, just to look at the stars.

Like I said above, we don't use the balcony more than an hour in a weeks cruise if that....I do like to have the balcony because when docked at a port I go out there for a few minutes to check things out "outside", and we have it for the extra natural light that comes into our room and the windows to look out at the weather. Surely an Oceanview stateroom would be perfect for us, but should an emergency happen where we loose ac/electric and such I feel more safe having the balcony.

3 times per day at least. I like to have coffee and a continental breakfast before my husband and son wake up. And then before and after dinner or evening activities. It's nice to sit outside and wait while others get ready. Plus, I like to get fresh air without having to go out on deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I'm able to splurge on a balcony, I'm out there constantly. I'll order room service and have it out there. When I get back from a port day, I'll sit out there to unwind and look at any pictures I took. Before I get ready for dinner, I'll be out there again for a bit and then before bed, I'm out there listening to the waves.

I cruise mainly because I love being on the water, so when I'm in a balcony, I fully enjoy it.

My next cruise will be a hump JS - I'm so looking forward to it!

I could have written this so ditto!!!!!! Well, with the exception of the JS portion. However, one of upcoming cruises we did book an Aft Balcony in the back of the ship!!! Looking forward to that!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Please don’t do this, the ships air conditioning system is negatively impacted when balcony doors are left open. By doing this you may be comfortable in your room but your making it worse for those cabins around you.

I didn't read your post and just posted a question to someone else on this thread asking what is the problem with my open door. Thank you.

When somebody keeps their balcony door open it effects the ac unit which means the cabins around that area also are effected, mainly are warmer and can't cool down like it should, creating warm cabin temperatures in many cabins.

Thank you for explaining, I had just read further into this thread ( I was reading backwards) and saw the answer.

Caribbean cruises;

Sea Days 5 hours, 27 minutes and 32 seconds

Port Days 3 hours,17 minutes and 22 seconds

Alaska cruises;

Sea Days 8 hours, 43 minutes and 12 seconds

Port days 5 hours, 37 minutes and 54 seconds

(More daylight)

Mediterranean Cruises;

or as FLACRUISER99 said.....

A lot:D

When we have a balcony with a lounger (like corner aft):

about 5-8 hours per day (including nap) :D

When we have a regular balcony with no lounger:

about 2-4 hours per day, depending on the weather.

I would say several hours. I go out there with coffee and a book in the morning while Hubby sleeps in then we are out there when we arrive/depart each port. Again in the afternoon just to stare at the sea and then again at night just to wind down.

We start every morning off with Baileys and coffee. We often sit out on the balcony before dinner with a glass of wine. End the night relaxing on it before turning in. It's a great escape from the hustle and bustle and noise at any time of day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, those who eat their breakfast out on the balcony, and looking at Aquahounds photo of his, you can't get all that type food in room service....do you actually go to the buffet and bring back your breakfast??

Yes, we've done a similar thing. Room service for coffee, juice, and fruit. Windjammer for the rest. This way you only have to carry one plate from WJ.

So, those who eat their breakfast out on the balcony, and looking at Aquahounds photo of his, you can't get all that type food in room service....do you actually go to the buffet and bring back your breakfast??

That pic was room service breakfast....granted, that particular pic was on Celebrity Solstice. Is hot breakfast no longer available on RCI for room service?