No Longer Loyal To Royal

Not sure if OP is a “drive-by” poster or not. We may not see him back here again.

You may be correct. I can not understand why the OP would make a post like he did earlier today, especially if he was banned from taking any future RCI cruises a few months ago (July?).

You may be correct. I can not understand why the OP would make a post like he did earlier today, especially if he was banned from taking any future RCI cruises a few months ago (July?).

Maybe OP tried booking with RCI today, thinking the ban wouldn't really be enforced and was turned away and is anrgy? Or was jsut thinking about the whole situation and angry again? he seems very fixated on the woman he had a run in with in the DL and again at the buffet

I think this whole thread should be banned and not only should Mojo be is he banned from RCL but from CC as well for posting fake news.:D

This reminds me of a guy I used to work with. 20% of what he said was true and the rest he made up. We couldn't tell truth from fiction sometimes. His stories were very entertaining (usually wildly incredible) and he got the attention he was seeking from them, but he quickly lost interest and moved on to other things. A few months later he would tell the same story again but with new twists and details we had not heard before. When he was called out on inconsistencies he would laugh it off. Quite a fellow.

Maybe OP tried booking with RCI today, thinking the ban wouldn't really be enforced and was turned away and is anrgy? Or was jsut thinking about the whole situation and angry again? he seems very fixated on the woman he had a run in with in the DL and again at the buffet

Good reasoning: seems quite likely he thought "Banned? Yeah, right," and tried to book a cruise, only to discover that they were serious.

As to his having "created a scene," in order to get banned, seems like it would have had to get physical. Just being obnoxious wouldn't do it; everyone has seen obnoxious, and not seen it go any further.

Good reasoning: seems quite likely he thought "Banned? Yeah, right," and tried to book a cruise, only to discover that they were serious.

As to his having "created a scene," in order to get banned, seems like it would have had to get physical. Just being obnoxious wouldn't do it; everyone has seen obnoxious, and not seen it go any further.

Yeah----it must have been pretty severe, IMO, to be banned. At least threatening violence if not resorting to it. Or possibly "stalking" this person for multiple days; I can imagine that being reason for banning someone (as is, the poster himself talks about starting the second encoutner himself----seems plausible that he might have fixated on this woman and harrassed her for much of a vacation)

You're right there were a couple being rude to an older man at the bank today. The nag female reminded of a woman that jumped all over me in my last cruise, in the Promenade cafe. She thought that I tried to sneak into the Diamond Lounge and talked down to me in front of others standing in line. Maybe I was in a bad mood when I wrote this, but I just want to try other lines to see what fits best.

When the Lounge Police show up say "Oh good, you are here! I'll take a vodka tonic please..." or whatever your drink of choice is. If you DO have Diamond Lounge access go apply for status match at MSC where you will get their top tier level immediately and a cruise similar to RCI at half the price or less. Trying all the lines is great, loyalty isn't worth it because they chip away at benefits every so often (all companies). May as well get variety

I cannot wait to be Diamond. I do not want it for the perks. My husband was a First Sergeant in the Air Force and the symbol is a diamond. He just wants it to say diamond on his sea pass. That may be silly but he wants it! When I cruise I am only focused on my time with him and I have no care what other people do or say. I have seen lots of rude people and one almost made me forever write off the Windjammer. I choose now to brush it off and focus on what is important to me. Besides, I run into rude obnoxious people every day. I have decided that I should feel sorry for them because they are probably miserable people and they allow their own life to be miserable. I appreciate the gifts that I have been given! Going on a cruise with the love of my life is my greatest gift!

Thanks for your post. It put a smile on my face.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's off any rate. One of the very few perks that can be combined with others. However, as of late, RC has added a new twist to the fake sales. They sometimes designate an "instant discount" as part of the price. The bottom line price hasn't really gone down, they just deem that the price now includes this "instant discount", which unfortunately is not combinable with the balcony discount. It's another clever way they have found to deprecate C&A benefits.

I agree. I did get a balcony discount on one of our cruises, but we don’t usually book a balcony. For the past few years, whenever I had checked prices without signing-in, the prices were the same using senior discount, C&A member, Florida resident, and military discount. We have been fortunate, at times, that when prices drop we were able to take advantage of the price drop. However, there were times when they rebooked the cruise, it was not beneficial. When we become Diamond next month, it may be a good deal to start booking a balcony.

BTW, we have met both nice people and snooty people who are Diamond or higher, and also both types of people on their first cruise. If people, by their nature, are not snooty and are very nice, being a Diamond, Diamond Plus, or Pinnacle, will not make them snooty.

Que Sera Sera

Judy

Don't get me wrong: we like HAL.

However, I love the thought of the OP on HAL.:eek:

I'm trying Holland America out for the first time this summer. I also want to try freestyle cruising and even Windstar for the sailboats, relaxation, energy, and watersports platform. Folks have been snooping into my older posts and I'll admit that I didn't do everything right. I was tipsy and was already in a bad mood, and had a scene in the buffet. That doesn't change how this all started and my feelings on the situation now.

OP, if you want peace and quiet, try Holland America. You may find you are bored out of your mind, too. That's why we enjoy Royal so much now. However, I can tell you that after 9 HAL cruises, there were rude people on HAL, too. I'm sure all cruise lines would appreciate not having to deal with rude passengers. Trying other cruise lines is always enjoyable. I hope you find what you're looking for in cruising.

That made me twitch too; that's why I cit it out when I quoted him lol.

It can be a Nag Naggy Nag World on the cruise ships, just like Mrs. Marcus from the film. Folks, people pay big bucks, time, and excitement to go on these vacations. It's much more twitching to be berated by family or a stranger down the hall, than it is to read about it on here.

Cindy - you silly girl. Of course you guys are in the 90%. We're back onboard in 10 days and will have a drink in your honor!! :) Hope you guys are well!

I'll think about you, and wish we were there to share a drink and a little lounge space!

We just got back from a great New England and Canada cruise, and now we're saving our pennies for British Isles next summer![emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Forums