Insurance for a world cruise and excursions

travelbug615

I have found that the "Squaremouth" website provides helpful information for comparing a variety of travel insurance plans. In fact, it helped me find an annual insurance plan, so that I can have the same emergency medical and evacuation coverage on all trips abroad during a 12 month period.

Was there a max of 90 day trip?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Si

Was there a max of 90 day trip?]

Although I have been on several Grand Voyages and segments of World Voyages, I rarely go on trips lasting more than 70 days. My current GeoBlue annual policy covers up to 70 days per trip; so it would not cover the final weeks of an entire World Voyage.

Squaremouth.com does ask for the length of ones longest trip within the year. Currently, the longest single trip available through them is 180 days. However, that Travelex policy does have very limited medical and evacuation coverage.

Edited by Jim9310

• 3 months later...
I have found that the "Squaremouth" website provides helpful information for comparing a variety of travel insurance plans. In fact, it helped me find an annual insurance plan, so that I can have the same emergency medical and evacuation coverage on all trips abroad during a 12 month period.

I used SquareMouth for an annual policy by RoamRight. This will cover the 3 cruises I will do this year that are 7 and 8 days long.

For my upcoming 2019 World Cruise, I used InsureMyTrip, which found 6 policies that would cover the 161 days I'll be gone. I chose a policy by Berkshire Hathaway that has very good coverages.

• 1 month later...
I forgot to say that the cruise lines insurance -- premiums are based on the fare and not the age which makes a big difference when you are older

Yes, which makes, for HAL cruisers, their CPP - for cancellation purposes only - hard to beat. It was lower priced than other cancel-for-any reason policies by several thousand dollars. I priced it for a 80-day cruise.

If we take the Grand Voyage that we are aiming for, we will get the CPP plus a Med-Vac policy which also provides some medical. May need a separate policy for that, but don't yet know

• 4 months later...
I used Travel Guard for my 2014 WV which was 118 days. I liked the fact that they worked with me and increased the area (medical) that I felt was the most important. My TA at that time recommended Allianz but they were $1500 more for $25,000 worth of medical insurance where the Travel Guard policy had $100,000. (Allianz would not customize the policy.)

I have used Travel guard also on my last 3 World Cruises. I was very satisfied when I had a large claim 14K$$ . They paid promptly and no hassle factor.

There coverage limits are much higher than cruise lines pay.

Michelle and Bob

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
24 minutes ago, candycaramel said:

Considering a $107,000 world cruise in 2023 - 180 days - solo traveler

Where can I get insurance?

Cruise line offering $50000 coverage

Insure my trip only goes up to $99,999 for ~ $8000

Any ideas?

Are you working with a travel agent?  If so, your agent may be able to offer some advice or connect you with insurance that will fully cover your cruise.