Marella Discovery - Wonders of the Fjords

Hi

My wife and I going on the Marella Discovery - Wonders of the Fjords cruise, sailing next Saturday from Newcastle. Does anyone know if there is any limit on luggage? We're not flying, so I don't have to worry about that.

Also, any advice/tips anyone has would be gratefully received as this will be our first cruise!

Thanks!!!

Hi

My wife and I going on the Marella Discovery - Wonders of the Fjords cruise, sailing next Saturday from Newcastle. Does anyone know if there is any limit on luggage? We're not flying, so I don't have to worry about that.

Also, any advice/tips anyone has would be gratefully received as this will be our first cruise!

Thanks!!!

No luggage limit - we did Fire & Ice so had to take waterproofs and fleeces. We took 2 suitcases and a smaller case with the outdoor gear. We arrived at the port at just after 11 am and were on the ship for 12.30 but others who arrived later had to wait 3 hours. The embarkation was the worse bit, very disorganised but everything well extremely well after that:)

We did the Magnificent Fjords cruise on 21 July for a week and took 3 full cases. In the past especially on 2 weeks cruise we have taken four 20Kg cases and no issue whatsoever by anybody. I agree with getting there early as mentioned earlier. We drove 200 miles on the day and got there 11 to 11.15. Cark park queue had started but onboard by about 12.30. Had lunch and went on the pool deck shortly afterwards. Looking at the car park there was an enormous queue of passengers waiting to hand their luggage over and collect their cards. Cars waiting in a huge tailback. They would have waited a long time to get on board. However the ship is fabulous and we enjoyed everything. Operatic Rock duo Braximusic were superb at all performances especially singing as we left Flam on the pool deck

Thanks for the responses! I'll make sure we're no more than 23kg per case!

We also have Premier Service included, so hopefully check in will be quick. We'll be on foot as we're getting the train to Newcastle on Friday, so queuing in the car isn't going to be an issue!!!