Insurances on World Cruise when over 65.

Does anybody of you World Cruisers insure your trip against insolvency/bankruptcy of the cruiseline? Can you recommend a cover insurance that would cover that risk?

Ivi

It was included as part of the general insurance I purchased for our world cruise. Compare the plans on insuremytrip.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Although both of us are still < 65, we were unable to find a company willing to provide insurance for our 2020 Viking Ocean WC. Tried the local brokers and also the online company mentioned in a previous post. Most mentioned the high cost and almost 2 year lead time.

We ended up accepting the Viking insurance and will supplement with an additional medical plan before departure, as medical is limited to $100K. Our cruise starts in LA and we don't cross the border with less than $5-10M, which is what most of our plans offer.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, regarding Medical Evacuation, READ the fine print. Most Med Evac only cover you to the "nearest qualified medical hospital/clinic that can treat you." That can be a VERY relative term. We've seen some of the "hospitals" in third world countries that could treat a heart attack, etc...but would I want to be treated there? NO WAY. MedJet policy will take you anywhere in the world you want to go for your treatment as long as a doctor has deemed you need treatment. 100k of med evac is useless if it's to "the next island with a hospital."

• 2 months later...

I posted over a year ago about our experience with I’ll Leon’s. This is not been a great year for us either. While in Thailand in April, I developed a severe pneumonia requiring a month in the intensive care unit. They not only paid for the entire hospitalization, my partners hotel room, all of the prepaid and unused hotel nights, Went far beyond. The flew an EMT from Toronto to Chang Mai to evaluate me and fly home next to me with portable oxygen all the way back to our house in New York. They paid for business class seats for the three of us. They even paid for my partner refilling his medication prescription since he ran out While I was in the hospital.

Honestly, I can’t think of any service industry company I have dealt with who were as easy to work with and wonderful as they were.