A pre pre-cruise

DachshundsRule

You scared me - I just looked and my final payments for the 2 preview cruises are due 9/17 and 9/22. Wish me luck in Vegas! :D

Good luck!!!

We booked the cruise through our "big box" TA and they require payment earlier than booking direct with the cruiseline.

Please ignore post number 3. I just couldn't let it go and booked this cruise earlier today. I'm going to have to get help - I am officially addicted to the Edge....

Hahahaha I love it! I had a feeling;p Seriously, I spoke briefly with DH about it, and he gave me the look. You know the one. It says, I love my wife and want her to be happy, but is she freaking serious? If we were retired, it would be tempting to simply rent a condo in FL for the month of November, thus poising ourselves to take advantage of each pre pre pre pre cruise the moment it is announced:') I hope you have a fabulous time, while of course still allowing time for your live review:D

I’ve been emailing the person at UW - she said she will get more info from Celebrity today about itinerary, restaurant reservations, etc. She said we can make spa reservations. Hopefully we will get booking numbers from X so we can get into our reservations.

I did start a roll call![emoji2]

We were on the pre-inaugural for the Solstice which was also the TA cruise. If I recall dining was by invitation in the various restaurants. One night we ate at a table of TAs at Silk Harvest. Interestingly their discussion was mainly knocking the ship, pretty bizarre and petty.

Also, it was a cruise to nowhere.

It’ll be interested in seeing if they open this sailing up to the general public as they did with Solstice.

Hahahaha I love it! I had a feeling;p Seriously, I spoke briefly with DH about it, and he gave me the look. You know the one. It says, I love my wife and want her to be happy, but is she freaking serious? If we were retired, it would be tempting to simply rent a condo in FL for the month of November, thus poising ourselves to take advantage of each pre pre pre pre cruise the moment it is announced:') I hope you have a fabulous time, while of course still allowing time for your live review:D

My DH doesn't know yet. I'm not sure if I will even tell him. He may not even know the difference, as long as he has sun, music and good books to read. He always jokes that I do all the planning and he waits for me to tell him what day to be packed and ready to go. :D

Please ignore post number 3. I just couldn't let it go and booked this cruise earlier today. I'm going to have to get help - I am officially addicted to the Edge....

LOL, I Am as well, but know that were I to book than the one we have in 2019, I would be looking to live on The Edge permanently....

That might not be a bad idea, either... :D

Maybe we can arrange to have a support group for us aboard The Edge?

bon voyage

LOL, I Am as well, but know that were I to book than the one we have in 2019, I would be looking to live on The Edge permanently....

That might not be a bad idea, either... :D

Maybe we can arrange to have a support group for us aboard The Edge?

bon voyage

Great idea! I could use a support group! ;)

DH spoke to the person at UW who is coordinating this cruise with Celebrity, the two parties met this morning. Here are a few takeaways:

*Celebrity gifted 250 cabins to UW

*We will be receiving cabin information directly from Celebrity in mid to late October

*Eight restaurants will be open

*Fare is not tax deductible

DH spoke to the person at UW who is coordinating this cruise with Celebrity, the two parties met this morning. Here are a few takeaways:

*Celebrity gifted 250 cabins to UW

*We will be receiving cabin information directly from Celebrity in mid to late October

*Eight restaurants will be open

*Fare is not tax deductible

Great! Thanks for the info! [emoji2]

Does this mean you won’t be on the 12/6 preview cruise?? quote=vtcruising;56807842]My DH doesn't know yet. I'm not sure if I will even tell him. He may not even know the difference, as long as he has sun, music and good books to read. He always jokes that I do all the planning and he waits for me to tell him what day to be packed and ready to go. :D

Does this mean you won’t be on the 12/6 preview cruise?? quote=vtcruising;56807842]My DH doesn't know yet. I'm not sure if I will even tell him. He may not even know the difference, as long as he has sun, music and good books to read. He always jokes that I do all the planning and he waits for me to tell him what day to be packed and ready to go. :D

Sadly, I may need to cancel that cruise. I am still weighing our options. It won't be easy to give it up....:(

We were on the pre-inaugural for the Solstice which was also the TA cruise. If I recall dining was by invitation in the various restaurants. One night we ate at a table of TAs at Silk Harvest. Interestingly their discussion was mainly knocking the ship, pretty bizarre and petty.

Also, it was a cruise to nowhere.

It’ll be interested in seeing if they open this sailing up to the general public as they did with Solstice.

It will be interesting how they set up the dining. Food and drinks are included, so I guess wherever we eat will be covered. I am not going to have high expectations for being able to dine where and when we want to, but will just enjoy seeing all the venues. We can sample food and drink from the venues we want to experience on other cruises.

On the Solstice cruise, did they have some special events to show off the ship?

I think I will need a battle plan to explore the ship systematically over the 2 days. :D

It should be an unique experience!

It will be interesting how they set up the dining. Food and drinks are included, so I guess wherever we eat will be covered. I am not going to have high expectations for being able to dine where and when we want to, but will just enjoy seeing all the venues. We can sample food and drink from the venues we want to experience on other cruises.

I think I will need a battle plan to explore the ship systematically over the 2 days. :D

Will drinks be included for sure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will drinks be included for sure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told by the UW person that food and drink were included. I wondered if that included alcohol but someone else said it included alcohol. I’m planning to call them Monday. Did you sign up?

I can’t remember but my guess is there will be. Probably a show previewing the shows. There might have been tasting samples from the restaurants. We’ll just have to wait and see. Maybe more info will be available in October.

Any word on when the Edge will arrive in Fort Lauderdale? We get off Reflection on the 26th and would be cool to see her docked.

I hope she will be there by then. When they canceled my Nov 24 and 27 preview cruises, they said that they wanted to have her in port a week or so to work out any issues with the terminal. They have since added this cruise during that time, but maybe do want the ship there a few days earlier to work out the bugs before paying passengers board.

I will be flying in on the 26th and hope to get a peek at her in port that day too. :D

Okay, here is the info I got from from Trish at United Way (who is very excited to be going on this cruise as well, even though she is not a cruiser):

- open bar - all alcohol is included

-gratuities are included

- the majority of restaurants will be open, but they aren't entirely sure which ones. They will ask our dining choice of early or late dining in October when they send the info to us. She wasn't sure about specialty restaurant booking - she said that they will have to figure out the events that will be organized for TA's, RCI executives, media, etc. and see what restaurants will then be available for us. We will get that info in October.

-the people who book the sky suites will get all of the Retreat benefits, though she wasn't sure about Luminae - she said Celebrity was still figuring out which restaurants would be open.

-there will be entertainment onboard

-we will be able to book spa appointments (extra fee)

-Celebrity will choose our cabins (in the chosen category) once everyone is booked and send us the choice in mid-October, along with itinerary, dining info, etc., with a request for our passport info, early or late dining choice, etc.

-she didn't think that CC points would be accumulated

I asked her if she had heard anything about the naming ceremony being around that time. She hadn't heard, but will look into it.

One interesting comment she had after her meeting with Celebrity:

Always look up when you go into every space on the Edge. They have built many interesting things into the ceilings, I guess. They also said the staircases are going to be amazing.

She said she has talked to a lot of cruisers who are very excited about sailing the Edge. She said quite a few were also booked on the Dec 1 preview cruise. :D

She said that there is a similar pre-inaugural cruise on the Symphony of the Seas Nov 15-17 that will benefit the Miami United Way. She said she thought the Edge cruise was pretty reasonably priced. I have to say that $550 for an inside on the Edge for 2 nights of unlimited food and alcohol, entertainment and cabin/taxes and port fees is a good deal.

98 more days!! :D

here is a link to the Symphony United Way cruise info:

https://unitedwaymiami.org/event/symphony-of-the-seas/

We couldn’t resist so upgraded to the Infinite Veranda today. Can wait to check it out.

Nice! I thought of doing that, but thought I would keep my “porthole veranda”, just because they are unique. I hope we can do a quick cabin crawl. There will likely be some open cabins for the TAs and media to view- maybe they will let us peek as well. [emoji2]

If not I will see quite a few different cabins on my Dec 1 cruise.