buying wine on board

Cobra427SC

Let's say you're having dinner at CG but you want the "Ridge Lytton Springs" zin from Share. Will they bring you that wine to CG? Seems like that would be a no brainer, esp since when you buy a bottle in the MDR, they'll "save it" for you for the next evening. Thanx steve

That is a darned good question, Steve. I can see it going both ways. So, I hope that somebody in the know can respond, here. I have had a personal experience where a wine that was on the CG list was not in their inventory. However, the server could see from their terminal that there was one bottle left on the ship in the Botticelli Dining Room. Now, obviously, that wine was on both the CG list and the dining room list. So, my experience may not be comparable.

I can see that they might want to give the SHARE list an aura of exclusivity and, so, not allow poaching from the other rooms. It may seem silly, but it's their ball, and they get to make the rules.

The Crown Grill wine menu is different than what you see in the main dining rooms. Might already include what you want. Really depends on how close the two locations are to each other whether they would make the trip to the other location to pick up a bottle (they won't know what to charge for it if it isn't on their menu). You could also stop at CG earlier in the day and make sure they will have a bottle ready for you. In any case if you have an open bottle in a restaurant they can get it at a different restaurant the next night. It does help if you tell they where you will be so they can move it to the closer wine storage area.