Yet still another Princess Sale July 17 - Sept 24

MCC retired

Comparing all these Princess Sales is mind boggling . I'm soooo glad not to be a TA anymore.

Sun-Drenched Deals (July 17 – September 24, 2018)

The time has come for sun-filled vacations. Help your clients travel to lands that inspire imagination at savings sure to brighten their day. Send them to the Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii, Asia, Australia & New Zealand and more on Fall 2018 – Spring 2019 sailings!

• Up to 40% off †

†Up to 40% off is based on a discount off applicable Launch Fares on a space-available basis at time of booking on select categories and sailings. Launch Fares are offering fares and may not have been in effect for the past 90 days or resulted in actual sales in all categories. Intermediate discounts may have been taken and fares may remain at discounted levels after this promotion. *Fares apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of booking. Fares for other categories may vary. Fares are per guest, non-air, cruise- or cruisetour-only, based on double occupancy and apply to the first two guests in a stateroom. These fares do not apply to singles or third/fourth-berth guests. This offer has limited space regardless of cabin availability. Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer. Fares quoted in U.S. dollars. Please refer to

princess.com/sale for terms, conditions and definitions that apply to all bookings.

Deposit of 10% of cruise fare per guest for bookings made under Sun-Drenched Deals is non-refundable.

Note: For assistance reserving a wheelchair-accessible stateroom, please call 1-800-774-6237. Offer valid: July 17 - September 24, 2018

Reference promotion code: K7-.

Edited by MCC retired

I do believe at Princess there is a sale going on all the time and sometimes several simultaneously. Thanks for the heads up on this new sale coming up. I always check the prices of my booked cruises each time a sale come up to see if I can reduce the cost of the cruise. One has to weigh the benefits of the booked cruise to the new cruise as well as the price.

do you lose your NON-REFUNDABLE deposit if you keep the same cruise, but rebook at a later date under a new promotion?...:confused:

Whatever the Deposit requirement is under the new promotion , is what you pay except if you used a FCC .

So can you use a spreadsheet? Make line items for airfare, hotels, cruise, gratuities, excursions, drinks, extras, transfers, etc. Then put costs in each column. then do a summation and divide by number of nights to determine the cost per night of your vacation.... Only you can put a value on the items that matter to you. For example the drinks package: the cruise line may value it at around $60 pp per night, we value it at around $25 pp per night so that is what we add to the cost per night on the spreadsheet. Once you do one spreadsheet, you can edit it for any trip.

Good luck and don't let your mind be boggled :)/

So can you use a spreadsheet? Make line items for airfare, hotels, cruise, gratuities, excursions, drinks, extras, transfers, etc. Then put costs in each column. then do a summation and divide by number of nights to determine the cost per night of your vacation.... Only you can put a value on the items that matter to you. For example the drinks package: the cruise line may value it at around $60 pp per night, we value it at around $25 pp per night so that is what we add to the cost per night on the spreadsheet. Once you do one spreadsheet, you can edit it for any trip.

LOL.......I'd rather be cruising then making a spreadsheet.....;) :D

I'd also rather be cruising then reading this thread....pool time....:*

Okay, the Time Away sale is supposed to be a reduced fare, up to 35% off... checked today, and under this promotion the cost of an interior cabin on a shoulder season 7 night Caribbean cruise went up, mid-promo, $50.00. YIKES... Are they serious... $700.00 for an interior...

Needless to say, we will NOT be making a booking.

Maybe with the NEW promo, the fare will now drop by $5. or $10 dollars... (roll-eyes)

Edited by Wishing on a star

will they ever have a $99 sale for the 3rd and 4th passenger???? I am holding out for that.

Earlier this year they had a promo where the 3rd and 4th guests were $1. That is what prompted my wife and I to book our first Princess cruise.

Earlier this year they had a promo where the 3rd and 4th guests were $1. That is what prompted my wife and I to book our first Princess cruise.
I've checked EVERY DAY since Jan 1... The Thanksgiving cruises I am interested in didn't have the $1 sale. Or the $99. The sale might have been for the next years' cruising.

This is what I do, too. Very easy to then see if a sale gives me a better price or not.

Okay, the Time Away sale is supposed to be a reduced fare, up to 35% off... checked today, and under this promotion the cost of an interior cabin on a shoulder season 7 night Caribbean cruise went up, mid-promo, $50.00. YIKES... Are they serious... $700.00 for an interior...

.. (roll-eyes)

$100 per night and you think it's expensive. If you went to a nice dinner and show it would cost that PP let alone a room, three meals and shows and more.

I've checked EVERY DAY since Jan 1... The Thanksgiving cruises I am interested in didn't have the $1 sale. Or the $99. The sale might have been for the next years' cruising.

It might have only been select cruises. We first saw it in March and ended up booking a cruise to the Western Caribbean for later this month.

Yes, for a 'supposed' Sale up to 35% off fare on an inside, in an off/shoulder season Caribbean Cruise.....

Am I to believe that an inside was $900.00???? Maybe????

And, the fact that they raised this price mid-promotion, like it is such a deal.

Also, I see that balconies have been starting at less than $50.00 more.

I had actually posted about this before...

Wondering if we should put our name on an inside near our balcony, or wait and hope for some last minute fares.

We were hoping to not have to break the bank.

Now I am wondering if there will be any good last minute fares, the way things seem to be going?

Hhhhhhmmmm????

Okay, I am re-reading the info, from above.

It says, that "Offer has limited space, regardless of cabin availability."

So, lets say, for example, they had a couple dozen inside cabins available for the current sale, and now those 24 have been booked.

So, yep, fare now goes UP because of a 'sale'.

But this 'limited offer' would explain the situation.

Oh brother .. The Princess "free premium beverage package" sale is on. You only have to pay an additional $720 to book the balcony room. So yes, you might save a few bucks over paying the listed beverage deal, but IT'S NOT FREE. So what else is an outright misrepresentation?

i'm booked under the time away sale (up to 35% off). final payment is this tuesday, the 10th.

one week later my cruise 'may' be available for the new sale at up to 40% off.

this is one case where i selfishly hope the prices stay higher than what i booked at!

How booked up is your cabin category on the ship???

It might be a risk, but you could save some real money by cancelling and rebooking under the new Promo, or an after Final Payment price drop? If this is still an option if you see this, today.

We could have done that on our last cruise, but I didn't want risking the particular cabin we had, as there were only a limited number of those specific cabins onboard.

How booked up is your cabin category on the ship???

It might be a risk, but you could save some real money by cancelling and rebooking under the new Promo, or an after Final Payment price drop? If this is still an option if you see this, today.

We could have done that on our last cruise, but I didn't want risking the particular cabin we had, as there were only a limited number of those specific cabins onboard.

there's still availability but i kind of like the cabin i chose. if it reduces greatly and is worth losing the $100 (non-refundable grrrrr) deposit, i may go that route.