Harvest Caye and Great Stirrup Cay suggestions please.

Derbie

Never been to these stops before. I have read the handful of reviews on here, but it is not a lot of information. I did watch a few videos on youtube. It appears as though Harvest Caye does not include any food. What about Great Stirrup Cay? Any suggestions on the best way to go on these islands? We have been to Belize before on several occasions, but we are the regular port, and head to the cave tubing. We are on Great Stirrup from 7-2 and Harvest Caye from 11-6. Any other places to head other than a regular beach day, while there? I thank you all for any and all suggestions in advance.

Harvest Caye does not include food and drinks- and be aware that they won't even give you free tap water (I believe because the bars aren't plumbed into a mains tap to provide this). So take some off the ship! We walked back to the ship for lunch and drinks top up- it's around a 10 minute walk. People like to complain about the long walk from the ship, but it's not long at all unless you are disabled- and then they have little cars that will run you up and down the pier. You can buy food on the island, but we are too cheap to do that when there's free food on the ship!

If you get off the ship early you will have your pick of loungers- we liked round the pool the best. The beach is pretty but the water isn't that great. For the first hour or so we had the pool almost to ourselves. It did get very busy later on, but not so much you couldn't use it- and we were on the Escape so a lot of passengers.

We also rented an electric float boat- it wasn't expensive and was fun to drive around the lagoon for an hour (hot though- they have shades on the boat but they don't fully cover you!)

Harvest Caye does not include food and drinks- and be aware that they won't even give you free tap water (I believe because the bars aren't plumbed into a mains tap to provide this). So take some off the ship! We walked back to the ship for lunch and drinks top up- it's around a 10 minute walk. People like to complain about the long walk from the ship, but it's not long at all unless you are disabled- and then they have little cars that will run you up and down the pier. You can buy food on the island, but we are too cheap to do that when there's free food on the ship!

If you get off the ship early you will have your pick of loungers- we liked round the pool the best. The beach is pretty but the water isn't that great. For the first hour or so we had the pool almost to ourselves. It did get very busy later on, but not so much you couldn't use it- and we were on the Escape so a lot of passengers.

We also rented an electric float boat- it wasn't expensive and was fun to drive around the lagoon for an hour (hot though- they have shades on the boat but they don't fully cover you!)

Thank you so very much! This gives me a good idea on what to expect. I think the boat sounds like great fun. That may be something my husband and I will do. If you think of anything else, please let me know. All suggestions are appreciated.