Car Rental close to the cruise terminal

aggiemom11

There is an outfit right outside the gate at the cruise port entry. We have rented from them twice with no problems. Not brand new vehicles but in good shape and reasonably priced. Last year we had a 2-year old Camry for the day, the price was $60 plus gas. We will definitely use them again.

• 2 weeks later...
There is an outfit right outside the gate at the cruise port entry. We have rented from them twice with no problems. Not brand new vehicles but in good shape and reasonably priced. Last year we had a 2-year old Camry for the day, the price was $60 plus gas. We will definitely use them again.
Wow, sounds great! What is the name of the agency? Did they place a hold on your credit card? If so, how much please. We're running into car agencies that are seeking to place holds up to $1000 for an economy or small car. Thank you kindly!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Forums mobile app

Hertz is available at the Renaissance Complex that is about a 10 minute walk from the port.
Hello There! Can you please provide more information about your experience with Hertz to rent a car for one day? Any holds on your credit card? If so, how much pls.

We're running into agencies who desire to place holds up to US$1000 on credit card.

When you say it's just outside the gate, are you saying that it's a walk-up kind of deal or do you reserve in advance?

Sorry not to have responded. It is always a good idea to reserve in advance and there is generally no obligation or deposit required. You can certainly just walk-up without a reservation but there would not be a guarantee that they have an available car. Over forty+ years of extensive travel we have learned (the hard way) to always reserve rental cars as long as we can cancel (at the last minute) without any financial penalty.

Hank

Sorry not to have responded. It is always a good idea to reserve in advance and there is generally no obligation or deposit required. You can certainly just walk-up without a reservation but there would not be a guarantee that they have an available car. Over forty+ years of extensive travel we have learned (the hard way) to always reserve rental cars as long as we can cancel (at the last minute) without any financial penalty.

Hank

Hi Hank, thanks for the response. What is the name of the car agency that you rent from? I'm looking for it online and want to get the correct place. Thanks much!

Hi Hank, thanks for the response. What is the name of the car agency that you rent from? I'm looking for it online and want to get the correct place. Thanks much!

It has been awhile, but the last time we rented in town it was from Royal. They do have a web site and you can e-mail them to make sure they still keep cars at the port location. Not sure if it shows on their web site. Things in Aruba are always changing so its always wise to check in advance.

Hank