Need snorkel recommendation

lovecruzin

Been to GC a few times and have always gone to Stingray City and snorkeling. This time we would like to skip the stingrays and just snorkel. Any suggestions for a tour company? We are only there from 7-3 so it would have to be a morning excursion. Thanks :)

We rented snorkeling equipment from Paradise Seaside Grill just a short walk from the pier. It’s a little bit of a swim out to the main reef, but it’s the same reef many of the ship snorkeling and scuba excursions go to. I think the total for fins, mask, vest and locker was $ 20 pp or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are artificial reef balls in front of the Marriott so there is stuff to see there. Probably the best natural snorkel from a beach would be from Smith Cove, but others have talked about seeing some decent stuff from Cemetery Beach and Governor's Beach (the latter two both parts of Seven Mile Beach).

Eden rock is just a few blocks from the pier. There is a dive shop there and a restaurant. You can bring your own gear or rent it there you can rent a locker too.

We go there every time and love the snorkeling.

Check it out on line. Here’s one link I found

http://www.adventuracayman.com/activities/eden-rock-2/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would also like to snorkel on cemetery beach. But due to a chronical disease I need restrooms available - is there any location around, where I could ask to go to the toilet if I would need it? I do not need anything else - just a restroom...

Smith Cove just south of George Town has a restroom and has some decent snorkelling most of the time. You wouldn't need to ask, either, as they are public. It's a nice beach with natural shade of palm and almond trees. You would probably need to take a taxi there from the cruise port.

Smith Cove is rarely crowded. It's a bit off the beaten track, and has no facilities other than the washrooms. You should plan to grab some food and drink either before or after you go there - or take stuff for an easy picnic there - there are picnic tables.

http://www.ezonasaquatics.com

We used http://www.ezonasaquatics.com

While in grand cayman. They were awesome, small company, lovely boat with small bathroom onboard. They provided water , juice and fruit, you could bring anything else you wanted. Book 1/2 day or whole day. Boat is all yours except for captain and his helper!! We passed numerous cruise excursion boats loaded with people, it was so nice and relaxing with only our little group on our boat. Went to stingray island and 2 separate spots to snorkel. Took our time, no rushing or line to wait through. They arranged transportation with Dahlia, cab driver with large air conditioned van, she met us at pier and was waiting for us when we got done. It was a perfect day and I highly recommend them!

http://www.ezonasaquatics.comWe used www.ezonasaquatics.com

While in grand cayman. They were awesome, small company, lovely boat with small bathroom onboard. They provided water , juice and fruit, you could bring anything else you wanted. Book 1/2 day or whole day. Boat is all yours except for captain and his helper!! We passed numerous cruise excursion boats loaded with people, it was so nice and relaxing with only our little group on our boat. Went to stingray island and 2 separate spots to snorkel. Took our time, no rushing or line to wait through. They arranged transportation with Dahlia, cab driver with large air conditioned van, she met us at pier and was waiting for us when we got done. It was a perfect day and I highly recommend them!

Thanks! What was the price for that - I can’t find a pricelist on their homepage...