Princess Passport

swom

I was just clearing out some old cruise papers and found our captains circle envelope....We received a pin, passport and a statement with benefits.

Why is there only 1 pin when there were 2 of us on board?

Does anyone carry their Princess Passport on board with them to have stamps added of the ports we visit?

I think that's what I read that the passport was for.

If so, how does that work? Do you have to go to the captain's circle reception to get your stamps?

First Princess cruise was last year, but it was so wonderful, Princess is our new cruiseline of choice... (love the anytime dining)!!!!!

I was just clearing out some old cruise papers and found our captains circle envelope....We received a pin, passport and a statement with benefits.

Why is there only 1 pin when there were 2 of us on board? I remember only getting 1 - I think it must be set up by cabin. But, we don't get a pin each cruise.

Does anyone carry their Princess Passport on board with them to have stamps added of the ports we visit?

I think that's what I read that the passport was for.

If so, how does that work? Do you have to go to the captain's circle reception to get your stamps?

First Princess cruise was last year, but it was so wonderful, Princess is our new cruiseline of choice... (love the anytime dining)!!!!!

The stamps are for each cruise, not each port. We got our stamp left in our cabin at the beginning of the cruise.

Welcome aboard Princess! We're doing anytime dining our next cruise.

I got my stamp on my 2nd cruise! How do I go about get a stamp for the 1st cruise I took? We were on one of the short cuises aboard the Caribbean Princess in May. I tried to see the Cruise Circle person, and also called and left a message for her. She was never at her desk when I would check during the entire cruise, nor did she return my phone call. Would really like to keep my passport and have it complete. As I am sure I will be going on many more cruises (the next in Janauary!) The cruise bug has bitten hard!!!

I got my stamp on my 2nd cruise! How do I go about get a stamp for the 1st cruise I took? We were on one of the short cuises aboard the Caribbean Princess in May. I tried to see the Cruise Circle person, and also called and left a message for her. She was never at her desk when I would check during the entire cruise, nor did she return my phone call. Would really like to keep my passport and have it complete. As I am sure I will be going on many more cruises (the next in Janauary!) The cruise bug has bitten hard!!!

The Captain Circle Hostess usually has hours posted of when she is on duty at her desk. Go and see her on your next cruise. The hostesses usually have stamps of all the ships/distinations. Since captains change about, she may not have the one with the signature of the captain on your particular cruise. She does have generic Princess stamps so you can fill in the pertinent info from your cruise.

We are going on our 5th Princess cruise in May .. and I have Never seen much less received a passport or stamp. What am I doing wrong ??

You are not doing anything wrong. It should be in your cabin on embarkation day. It's usually with a card to welcome you back. It's the Captain Circle Hostess' responsibility to have all these welcome back cards with stamps written up and then they are given to the room stewards to put in your cabin. Go and see your hostess on your next cruise and she can give you a passport and all the stamps you are missing ( they might have to be generic ones you can fill out if she doesn't have the one for your particular cruise(s))

"Go and see your hostess on your next cruise and she can give you a passport and all the stamps you are missing"

Great info, mississagua. I've sailed 6 times on Princess, and have never received a Princess Passport. I do have a couple of the stamps, but would like to have one for each of the other cruises.

I'm glad to know who to see, and that there should be generic stamps available to fill in the missing ones.

Thank you!

You do not get the stamp and passport until your second cruise. Now if you would like the first you can ask the Captain circle person on board to see if she would get you one. I happened to have a friend who was on my first cruise but it was his 4th and he made me a copy of it.

Also I have always had the stamps delievered on the first day of each cruise. Your room stewaard is supposed to put them in your room. If you did not get one, just ask him or go to the Cap. Circle person on board.

marilyn

I've pulled out the little packet that I received on our first Princess cruise which was Feb '08 on the CB. There is a letter that says:

Welcome! Mr. and Mrs. L..., Stateroom C752. It is our pleasure to present your new Princess Captain's Circle Gold member Pack.

blah, blah, blah...

Enclosed is your pack you will find your Membership Benefits guide .....In addition, please accept with our complements your Princess Passport, which will serve as a memorable travel log of your crusises with us. Also included is your new Gold Member Pin. (we received 2)

Cruise #2 5/08

On our small stateroom table was a blue folded card that says: Princess Captain's Circle WELCOME BACK

The preprinted note inside is from Capatin Tony Yeomans from the Diamond Princess with our Passport sticker of the Diamond Princess to place inside our Passport.

We are going on our 5th Princess cruise in May .. and I have Never seen much less received a passport or stamp. What am I doing wrong ??

It is that little welcome card from the captain that is left on your desk or nightstand at the first or second night of the cruise.

We never keep those, usually it goes to the bin together with the platters at the end of the cruise. I only keep the Cruise Log which is delivered towards the end of the cruise. It has all the daily details of the "technical" part of the cruise and a nice summary of the itinerary. This is about the ONLY paper from the cruise we keep.

I was told I couldn't get one for the first cruise that it was only for number 2 and higher. Is this wrong. I would really like it.

You should be able to get a generic one from your Captain Circle Hostess on your next cruise.

It is that little welcome card from the captain that is left on your desk or nightstand at the first or second night of the cruise.

We never keep those, usually it goes to the bin together with the platters at the end of the cruise. I only keep the Cruise Log which is delivered towards the end of the cruise. It has all the daily details of the "technical" part of the cruise and a nice summary of the itinerary. This is about the ONLY paper from the cruise we keep.

They told me the same thing but they give out the stamps pretty freely, so if you just go ask for one they will give it to you. It just won't have the captain's signature on it unless you sail the same itinerary with the same captain again. The signature isn't consistant anyway, some of my other stamps don't have the signature.

It just won't have the captain's signature on it unless you sail the same itinerary with the same captain again.

And anyway, 99% of the time, it is the result of a rubber stamp, not an actual signature.

We did our first Princess Cruise last December, and got our passports (blank) and pins on the last day. We'll take them on the next cruise, in December this year, but I'm not sure what benefits we get from them!

Hate to say this but it was probably left with all of the other junk that get's left in the cabin. I accidentally found ours when I was cleaning the room out before we left. It is up to the cabin attendant so maybe they forgot but doubt it 5 times. I typically don't keep them as we get enough junk and I'm fighting being a pack rat the way it is ;) .

I much prefer the original passports you used to get on the pre-Princess Sitmar ships. This passport would be turned in when you checked in at the pier and returned to you at the end of the cruise, stamped and actually signed by the captain(instead of a stamped signature). It included the ship, all ports visited, how many miles logged, the dates and captain's signature...oh, and the Circolo del Commendante log...translation, Captain's Circle.:) Gee, when Princess acquired Sitmar, they got more than just a few ships....Champagne Waterfall, Captain's Circle, pizzarias, etc.;)

We did our first Princess Cruise last December, and got our passports (blank) and pins on the last day. We'll take them on the next cruise, in December this year, but I'm not sure what benefits we get from them!

No benefits....just nice souvenirs

• 10 years later...

Make sure that you're always using the same CC #. On my next one, they created a new number for me even though I already had one. I would have ended up with none of my CC benefits if I hadn't caught it.

Seen some old threads resurrected but this one could take the cake.

As an aside in nearly 15 years sailing Princess (so since not long before this thread started)never been given a passport by Them