Pacific Princess

Duffysmom

On ONE of my small ship cruises (it may have been the Ocean or Old Royal, not the Pacific, and I think it was a Med cruise), they turned the buffet into a sit-down restaurant at night. But it was still buffet dress attire. I haven't seen it since, but be aware it could happen. Still plenty of choices, though. Also, between lunch and dinner, they may just offer sandwiches and salads. But check out the patter for the ice cream bar - open every day at a certain time.

On ONE of my small ship cruises (it may have been the Ocean or Old Royal, not the Pacific, and I think it was a Med cruise), they turned the buffet into a sit-down restaurant at night. But it was still buffet dress attire. I haven't seen it since, but be aware it could happen. Still plenty of choices, though. Also, between lunch and dinner, they may just offer sandwiches and salads. But check out the patter for the ice cream bar - open every day at a certain time.
Only one part of the buffet area was set up that way for our cruises on 2015 and 2016.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

the pacific princess buffet is quite small but the three times i've been on her, the food has been exceptional.

plus it has the lovely outdoor seating area off the back.

Although compact, I felt the selection was almost as good as on larger ships. I also liked the fact that there was the fresh made Princess ice cream available in the afternoon and at dinner so we could get an additional fix or two outside of the MDR [emoji4] There was also a waffle bar with several toppings and and most of the afternoon tea food also available in the afternoon.

As of last year, the buffet was just a regular buffet at dinner, not like it was a few years ago where it was a sit-down kind of service. I think they just tried that out for awhile. There are fewer choices for dinner since it's a smaller ship but don't forget there's the grill too. And room service if you can't find anything you want in either of those venues.

I was under the impression that the sit down dinner in the buffet was only on the World Cruise. That was our experience over three different years on the ship, but, of course, things change.
On our two cruises (12/15 and 11/16) there was an area sectioned off with table cloths and silverware set out in the evening. We always had dinner in the MDR so don’t know what the service was like. Was that similar to your three different years on her?

Yes, but that was still self serve in the buffet. On the WC, on sea days, there was no buffet service in the Panorama. The tables were still set the same way (for dinner, but that’s the way they are set for dinner on all the ships, now that I think about it), but passengers were handed a menu with three or four entrees on it.

Yes, it is, and we enjoyed many a semi-private sunset dinner on the aft deck in the warm Caribbean air. Awwww, those were nice.

I’m glad they didn’t do sit down service there because the whole point for us of the buffet is getting exactly how much we want, when we want, and to spend the amount of time we want to take for dinner up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, it is, and we enjoyed many a semi-private sunset dinner on the aft deck in the warm Caribbean air. Awwww, those were nice.

I’m glad they didn’t do sit down service there because the whole point for us of the buffet is getting exactly how much we want, when we want, and to spend the amount of time we want to take for dinner up there.

We agree. We didn’t like the menu dinners in the Panorama Buffet but others saw them as very much a positive thing. And it was not easy to swing through after a show for dessert and coffee. But thankfully, we only encountered it on the WC segment that we did.