Royal Princess Emerald Deck Deluxe Obstructed Balcony Advice

katmu

Hello-

I am currently booked in a regular balcony on the Riviera deck but it's pretty far aft and near the elevators - R706. I could get a deluxe balcony that doesn't look to really have any obstruction on the emerald deck for around $100 more. I'm specifically looking at cabins E411 or E407. This will be for a 7 night Eastern Caribbean sailing out of Port Everglades. Thoughts on these cabins as opposed to the one I have now? I would like the slightly bigger balcony and the little loveseat I think.

I booked an "obstructed" balcony on the Royal. I checked Renmar's site first to see what the obstruction was. At the time, there was a sale (Sip N' Sail), any cabin in the category was the same price. Insides were $850 anywhere on the ship. Obstructed balconies were $950...anywhere on the ship. Results: $100 more, huge balcony, Sn'S (took the OBC) = no brainer. Booked E433.

OP: Check out the mid-ship balconies some of them are enormous.

I was looking at E407 or E411 based on Renmar's site from an earlier thread so I know both of those have no real obstructions unless you look down. The other options with a larger balcony would be E429 or E433 for $10 more than my current cabin. Is the loveseat in the deluxe balcony comfortable to sit on, or would I be better to look at one of the standard balcony cabins with the larger balconies?

We had E409 on Regal, one of the biggest balcony on the ship. 411 is a bit smaller and I believe 407 is the same size.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Thank you. I'm sort of leaning towards 407.

E410 on the port side is available as well, but my main hesitation is that it's above Crooners although previous reviews did not report much noise.

Thank you. I'm sort of leaning towards 407.

E410 on the port side is available as well, but my main hesitation is that it's above Crooners although previous reviews did not report much noise.

I rather stay on the quieter side. We were in 409, never heard any noise. All off those are great balconies. Go for it.

We are in 407 on the Royal in 4 weeks....

I rather stay on the quieter side. We were in 409, never heard any noise. All off those are great balconies. Go for it.

Thank you both. I'm going to grab 407.

• 2 weeks later...
Same sort of question...I booked E109 on Royal and from what I understand, it's a large balcony, no clear glass railing (which is fine), but is it fully covered, or partially covered? Thanks, Kara

It's a mixture. There is coverage for the initial portion, around 3-4 feet, from the balcony above. Then it's open/uncovered - however the bridge is above you, several decks above but still above, which does provide some shade throughout the day, but no real protection from rain or such.

The people in balconies above tou can look over their railings right down onto the majority of the balcony - and there is a camera below the bridge. Lol..

Personally, E101-110 are among our favorite balconies on the ship, particularly 107-110. - the balconies are huge. In E110 (mirror image of 109), we had an Ultimate Balcony Dinner for 6 with room to spare, it's wonderful!!

• Like 1

It's a mixture. There is coverage for the initial portion, around 3-4 feet, from the balcony above. Then it's open/uncovered - however the bridge is above you, several decks above but still above, which does provide some shade throughout the day, but no real protection from rain or such.

The people in balconies above tou can look over their railings right down onto the majority of the balcony - and there is a camera below the bridge. Lol..

Personally, E101-110 are among our favorite balconies on the ship, particularly 107-110. - the balconies are huge. In E110 (mirror image of 109), we had an Ultimate Balcony Dinner for 6 with room to spare, it's wonderful!!

A camera you say...hahaha!!! I’m pretty excited about the room, with t being larger than just the regular balcony and having the larger balcony like we are accustomed to from the grand class ships. Great! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A camera you say...hahaha!!! I’m pretty excited about the room, with t being larger than just the regular balcony and having the larger balcony like we are accustomed to from the grand class ships. Great! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's much larger than Grand class balconies - even the Caribe deck balconies. It's positively massive. We love them. . The small sitting area in the cabin is a great addition that came with Royal class ships too..

Enjoy.

• 1 year later...
On 7/20/2018 at 5:02 PM, karabear15 said:

Same sort of question...I booked E109 on Royal and from what I understand, it's a large balcony, no clear glass railing (which is fine), but is it fully covered, or partially covered? Thanks, Kara

I had E108 on Royal last year.  Huge deep balcony but if the ship has movement you feel it quite lot with the cabin so far forward.  I think it was partially covered, great views as that part of the ship sticks out slightly. 

We had E 428 on British isles cruise in 2018, also large balcony and no obstruction at all.  We prefer mid ship as this was 

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

2 hours ago, kruzns4me said:

how was the room?  Just book 407 and 405 for May to AK!

it was great. Very large balcony and honestly a great location. It will be wonderful for scenic Alaska viewing.   My son had Noro in the room though.  It was a wonder my wife and I did not. But hey that was in August 2017......

7 minutes ago, OzCanuck said:

it was great. Very large balcony and honestly a great location. It will be wonderful for scenic Alaska viewing.   My son had Noro in the room though.  It was a wonder my wife and I did not. But hey that was in August 2017......

BWAHAHAHAH - so I am one of those crazy people that makes my family stay on deck while I go to the cabins and disinfects everything (soft and hard surfaces)  because I KNOW they do not clean those rooms like they should!!!!!  We were on Carnival a few years back and there was a VERY sick girl that was made to sit amongst the passengers for disembarkation - she was getting sick all over everything - poor girl - but needless to say - half my family came down with it............I have been VERY vigilant since - and needless to say - so have those family members.  We carry hand sanitizer everywhere!  Carnival Panorama has these very cool handwashing stations in the marketplace that I think everyship should have!

3 hours ago, kruzns4me said:

BWAHAHAHAH - so I am one of those crazy people that makes my family stay on deck while I go to the cabins and disinfects everything (soft and hard surfaces)  because I KNOW they do not clean those rooms like they should!!!!!  We were on Carnival a few years back and there was a VERY sick girl that was made to sit amongst the passengers for disembarkation - she was getting sick all over everything - poor girl - but needless to say - half my family came down with it............I have been VERY vigilant since - and needless to say - so have those family members.  We carry hand sanitizer everywhere!  Carnival Panorama has these very cool handwashing stations in the marketplace that I think everyship should have!

On the Royal (Regal, Sky), have handwashing stations at entrances to the Horizon Ct. And so does the Caribbean Princess.

Edited by san diego sue

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, kruzns4me said:

We are in E407 in May for Alaska - do you have pics??

E403%20to%20E439.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cpNvsDD34XdHW0882MeqEFzTrQpoVDzSu-9_5MG3sxvA_2HLkzlLTJceEERgM-jXjqPKh2KtqAy7cnY9QC5uJK6LWQyB-QRyYG6MEIrvc0OjD0Pj5r4Vox6cD0l9WE9VtUK1Qa6a8AYJMha66hhBYpohXoTf7TRPjd00WlJJdtmYxIe_2-aFZXCkrqR1rWV_FZTMgOrqYl_1dNk3RMO2Rc8IfQXjr9HlGAa9ERECRS4Q5uIdU-p6zNZuK-ow9aIUH0Wsabl&attredirects=0

PLEASE NOTE!!
The following cabins do NOT have an obstruction
looking straight out when on the balcony.
The black vertical line is the center post of the sliding door.
E 405--407--409--411--415--417--421--425

• Like 1