cancelling a prebooked shore excursion

sunsetme

How much time do you have to cancel prebooked shore excursion once onboard?

As long as it's not a non refundable one you can cancel it up to the time posted onboard.

To be safe check with the Excursion desk. They have a cutoff time. Seems to me it was 24 to 48 hours prior.

Tickets for your pre-booked excursions will be delivered to your cabin on embarkation day. Inside the envelope will be a card indicating the deadline for cancelling excursions for each port.

The ones with the shortest time for cancelling will be any excursions on the first two days of the cruise as they may need to be canceled by early evening on embarkation day.

The easiest way to cancel is to write cancel on the tickets and drop them in the box or slot by the excursion desk.

The earlier the better both for you and for the excursion department. As mentioned, there will information posted at the shore excursion desk 24/7 as well as information posted in the Patter. Best practice is to visit the desk and get the information from them directly.

Sorry if a bit off the topic. But what if I cancel one tour and book another before the cruise. I assume I get charged for the new tour while getting a refund for the cancelled tour. So how long do I have to wait that refund. Is it immediate or do I wait a few weeks?

Sorry if a bit off the topic. But what if I cancel one tour and book another before the cruise. I assume I get charged for the new tour while getting a refund for the cancelled tour. So how long do I have to wait that refund. Is it immediate or do I wait a few weeks?

If you are more than a week before the cruise the refund goes back to the credit card you used. Four or five days for us. The new excursion seems to show up immediately on credit card company web site.

• 2 weeks later...

We are on Sapphire in May 2018, I just got off cruise personaliser, reading shorex latest information and am sure it is now 5 days notice for shorex refunds with mandatory precruise shorex payment, which ours is.:evilsmile: BUT, I could have misread the information.

Edited by NSWP

• 10 months later...

I am going to bump this up with another question.

How do you know the cutoff date/time for cancellation, if this info is not available until onboard.

Would most ALL. excursions be cancelable at boarding???

Could we be faced the situation where we find out onboard that the cancellation date has passed.

We are looking at a small boat excursion... But not a private charter... (not the usual big group Princess excursion, but limited number of guests). This is not a private charter, but it is a small boat excursion, arranged by Princess with a local operator.

Online, it just pulls up the standard info, ( 5 days prior to sailing). and the excursion has no cancellation dates listed.

I would like to have the opportunity to cancel onboard, due to weather, etc...

Is there a way to contact somebody at Excursions before sailing?

How do you know the cutoff date/time for cancellation, if this info is not available until onboard.

Could we be faced the situation where we find out onboard that the cancellation date has passed.

We are looking at a small boat excursion... But not a private charter... (not the usual big group Princess excursion, but limited number of guests). This is not a private charter, but it is a small boat excursion, arranged by Princess with a local operator.

Online, it just pulls up the standard info, ( 5 days prior to sailing). and the excursion has no cancellation dates listed.

Is there a way to contact somebody at Excursions before sailing?

Yes, there is shoreexcursions@princesscruises.com

I have probably booked 50 excursions with Princess in the last year & a half on 3 different continents, several different ships.

If it is nonrefundable or you cannot cancel it on board, it will be state the deadline for cancellation at booking, Otherwise it will follow the usual guidelines.

For example: I booked a float plane and lodge excursion for Alaska last May.....it stated on line when I booked a cancellation was needed by noon. 2nd day on the ship.

Often cancellation time frame often depends on the excursions desk on each ship. I have cancelled excursions less than 24 hours before and received a full refund in OBC. On some cruises they sell same day excursions and will take a cancellation....especially if they have a waitlst.....so always ask to get a refund, even if the deadline has passed, they might accomidate you.

Edited by land lover

As others have said, unless this a non-cancelable excursion (which you would know when booking it), the deadline for cancelling on board will usually be 5 PM two days before the excursion (or the first evening if the excursion is on the day after embarkation).

It is unlikely you will know what the weather conditions will be that far in advance.