Is CCL going to follow RCL's lead on this

DFWGUYZ

Unlike Royal Caribbean which has a number of ships in the Caribbean on a year round basis, I don't think Princess has a ship in the Caribbean right now. This would be a better question on the Carnival Boards!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Indeed. Will do. And thank you for your ! It really makes a schooled point.

Princess won’t have any ship in the Caribbean for another week or two so, no, Princess has no way to take supplies to the Caribbean unless they put wings and giant propellers on ships. However, Carnival Corporation and the Arison family have donated $10,000,000 for relief. I know some people on other forums have criticized Princess for not doing anything and that $10M was too paltry. I disagree. Amazing how the media can influence impressions and manipulate facts.

Princess won’t have any ship in the Caribbean for another week or two so, no, Princess has no way to take supplies to the Caribbean unless they put wings and giant propellers on ships. However, Carnival Corporation and the Arison family have donated $10,000,000 for relief. I know some people on other forums have criticized Princess for not doing anything and that $10M was too paltry. I disagree. Amazing how the media can influence impressions and manipulate facts.

Thank you, Pam, for the informative and non condensational response. For those of us not familiar with Princess's ships location during certain seasons is a learning experience. As a coincidence I received this information today about my current booking from Princess:

"We look forward to continuing to provide the great cruise experience and the economic support from cruising that the region relies on, now more than ever.

Along with our parent company, Carnival Corporation, we have been in communication with officials in the many of Caribbean islands and have activated a plan to begin delivery of supplies on both and immediate and sustained, longer-term basis as part of our cruise itineraries."

Unrelated Pam. You are still cruisin? We met on a South America ship in '14, Chile to LA. Or on the Crown or the Grand. Anway I decided to look to see what's up with Princess on this issue. And saw your post and said "I know that lady from years ago". We leave next week Seattle to Sydney on RCL. Excited!

Unrelated Pam. You are still cruisin? We met on a South America ship in '14, Chile to LA. Or on the Crown or the Grand. Anway I decided to look to see what's up with Princess on this issue. And saw your post and said "I know that lady from years ago". We leave next week Seattle to Sydney on RCL. Excited!
Have a great cruise! Yup... still cruising. We met on the Star from Valparaiso to SF. That was the infamous “birders” cruise where some passengers accused the Captain of ignoring a distress call from some teenagers lost at sea. Turns out they were wrong and the Captain vindicated. I’m on the Star again in November, this time to Hawaii from LA. Have five more cruises booked over the next two years.

Have a great cruise! Yup... still cruising. We met on the Star from Valparaiso to SF. That was the infamous “birders” cruise where some passengers accused the Captain of ignoring a distress call from some teenagers lost at sea. Turns out they were wrong and the Captain vindicated. I’m on the Star again in November, this time to Hawaii from LA. Have five more cruises booked over the next two years.

Pam, we were on the "birders" cruise with you too. I always knew they'd find Captain Perrin innocent of those charges. There were tons of stories in the news about him ignoring the fishermen and you can't find any really with the resulting vindication.

We are off in a few days' time on the Sun Princess to Australia, Tasmania, Papua New Guinea, and New Zealand, 62 days. Happy to be back on Princess.

Holy smokes ... I agree with you. $10M is quite generous!!