Princess and the New Brazilian E-Visa

ccrain

According to Scott at Princess this morning, Princess now accepts all E-VISAs, including the new Brazilian E-VISA.

Last month it was 'we don't know yet' - so this is progress.

However, I would still take all the paperwork with you when you board - just to make sure!

According to Scott at Princess this morning, Princess now accepts all E-VISAs, including the new Brazilian E-VISA.

Last month it was 'we don't know yet' - so this is progress.

However, I would still take all the paperwork with you when you board - just to make sure!

Paperwork?

You need your passport as well as the Brazilian E Visa and boarding passes in order to board

Howard

Paperwork?

You need your passport as well as the Brazilian E Visa and boarding passes in order to board

Howard

This:

Thank you for using the Brazil eVisa Application Service, provided by VFS Global, on behalf of Ministry of Foreign Affairs. We are happy to inform you that your visa application has been approved. A copy of the e-visa is attached with this email.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: You must print a copy of your e-visa and carry it with you when you travel. You will not be allowed to board the flight or enter Brazilian territory unless you present the printed version of your visa to the Airline or Border Control Agent.

We wish you a pleasant journey, and look forward to serving you again in the future.

If you have any queries or concerns, please visit our FAQs page or Contact Us directly.

Thank you, Customer Support - Brazil eVisa Service.

That paperwork. I even carry my Australian E-VISA approval emails...

Does this mean no visit to the Brazilian Consulate or using a Visa Service?

All can be done on line? Do we have to submit anything other than an application. How about a Photo?

That is exactly what it means!

http://vfsglobal.com/brazil-evisa/

I did it twice. First for myself and then for my DW

My first mistake was getting a passport photo at CVS

That photo kept getting rejected and I returned to CVS and got my money back

Here is what works.

Use an IPhone to take a photo of your passport info page

Have a photo taken of yourself square shoulders, against a white background. Do not wear a white shirt. Wear red if possible.

I emailed those two photos to myself keeping the size under 700kb

I then saved those photos to a folder on my laptop

When prompted to upload photos on the Brazilian application page browse to the folder where you saved the two photos and upload them. Use Google Chrome as your browser

Pay the $44.24 by credit card and submit.

You will receive an email from VFSglobal within a week with your EVisa attached

Print out a few copies to bring along with your passport.

Good luck

Howard

Does this mean no visit to the Brazilian Consulate or using a Visa Service?

All can be done on line? Do we have to submit anything other than an application. How about a Photo?

And it means no utility bill or bank statement or first born or proof of extraterrestrial origin....

Much, much less of a hassle!

That is exactly what it means!

http://vfsglobal.com/brazil-evisa/

I did it twice. First for myself and then for my DW

When prompted to upload photos on the Brazilian application page browse to the folder where you saved the two photos and upload them.

Good luck

Howard

Thanks for this, very helpful. I don't understand why you need to upload 2 photo's? Can you just upload the same photo twice?

Maybe I'm not tracking very well? :D

Thanks for this, very helpful. I don't understand why you need to upload 2 photo's? Can you just upload the same photo twice?

Maybe I'm not tracking very well? :D

You need to upload one photo of yourself and one photo of the information page of your passport.

Two photos!

Closely follow the instructions

Howard

Howard, after you submitted your application with the CVS photo, how long did it take to be notified that your picture wasn't acceptable.

When we got my DH first Brazilian Visa at the Consulate in Atlanta, they rejected his picture from our local Walgreens and from Wolf Camera (where they sent us to in Atlanta). For some reason (maybe due to being bald) it wouldn't scan properly so they finally had to attach a separate paper copy Visa to his Passport. My photo was accepted, scanned onto the Visa page and inserted into my Passport.

Howard, after you submitted your application with the CVS photo, how long did it take to be notified that your picture wasn't acceptable.

When we got my DH first Brazilian Visa at the Consulate in Atlanta, they rejected his picture from our local Walgreens and from Wolf Camera (where they sent us to in Atlanta). For some reason (maybe due to being bald) it wouldn't scan properly so they finally had to attach a separate paper copy Visa to his Passport. My photo was accepted, scanned onto the Visa page and inserted into my Passport.

I submitted on a Sunday and on Monday the following day I received this email::

"Thank you for writing to the Brazil Visa Service Desk.

In response to your email the passport bio page is good to go but the photo which you have attached wont be accepted by the ministry because its getting blur once we are cropping it as per the specifications of the ministry so would request you to please take a new recent photo with a white background using your mobile phone and then send it to us, do not resize it from your side will do the necessary things from our side.

We hope that this information is helpful to you ."

I originally thought (incorrectly) that using my Nikon DSLR on a tripod would be the best way to go for the photographs.

It eventually turned out that using an IPhone works much better

Go figure?

Howard

I submitted on a Sunday and on Monday the following day I received this email::

"Thank you for writing to the Brazil Visa Service Desk.

In response to your email the passport bio page is good to go but the photo which you have attached wont be accepted by the ministry because its getting blur once we are cropping it as per the specifications of the ministry so would request you to please take a new recent photo with a white background using your mobile phone and then send it to us, do not resize it from your side will do the necessary things from our side.

We hope that this information is helpful to you ."

I originally thought (incorrectly) that using my Nikon DSLR on a tripod would be the best way to go for the photographs.

It eventually turned out that using an IPhone works much better

Go figure?

Howard

Thanks!

Is this visa required to get off the ship at a Brazilian port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is required to board the Royal Princess

"It is the Guest's sole responsibility to obtain and have available when necessary the appropriate valid travel documents. All Guests are advised to check with their travel agent or the appropriate government authority to determine the necessary documents. You will be refused boarding or disembarked without liability for refund, payment, compensation, or credit of any kind if You do not have proper documentation, and You will be subject to any fine or other costs incurred by Carrier which result from improper documentation or noncompliance with applicable regulations, which amount may be charged to Your stateroom account and/or credit card."

"

PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS

A passport is required and must be valid for six months after the completion of travel. Please ensure the name on your passport matches your name as it appears on your booking. Additionally, make certain that your passport contains blank pages for entry and exit endorsements and any visas that may be required. If necessary, allow sufficient time to renew your passport and/or obtain additional pages.

There may be occasions where we retain your passport at check-in. This is to ensure that you are not inconvenienced by immigration clearance during your cruise and where face to face inspection is not required. We recommend you bring a second government issued photo ID if you wish to have one with you while in port.

BRAZIL VISA REQUIREMENT

All U.S., Canadian, and Australian passport holders require a Brazilian visa for this voyage. This visa must be obtained in advance of your voyage, cannot be obtained upon arrival and is required regardless of whether you choose to remain onboard or go ashore. Non-U.S., non-Canadian, and non-Australian passport holders must verify their visa requirements."

Howard