Captain Circle status from platinum to elite during cruise

Carla3

On an upcoming cruise we will achieve 151 sea days so we will have elite status. We are booked in a suite and have the sip and sail benefits already. Will we get some other perks?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You will become elite at the conclusion of the cruise, unless it is sold in segments and you hit 151 before the end of one segment and the start of the next. Basically, suite benefits give you everything that elites get except the second minibar set up and the discount in the boutiques.

There have been reports of Captain's Circle hosts doing something to recognize the 151 night status during a cruise, but the requirements on the Princess web site are completely clear. The new status starts on your next cruise. You don't "become" during a cruise.

There have been reports of Captain's Circle hosts doing something to recognize the 151 night status during a cruise' date=' but the requirements on the Princess web site are completely clear. The new status starts on your next cruise. You don't "become" during a cruise.[/quote']

Guess on our last cruise before we become elite we become friendly with the capt circle host.:)

On an upcoming cruise we will achieve 151 sea days so we will have elite status. We are booked in a suite and have the sip and sail benefits already. Will we get some other perks?

You will receive all the benefits mentioned in the full suite flyer. https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

Basically, the only Elite benefit you will not receive is the second mini bar set up.

Expect not to be elevated and you will not be disappointed.

Having said that, like you we were in a suite and just short of 151 nights. I wasn’t really expecting anything,and not too bothered as the benefits were negligible, but when we got to check-in they couldn’t initially find our key cards and had to go to an admin desk. They returned with an envelope containing black cards and a letter explaining what had happened and asking us not to discuss it with fellow passengers.

When I subsequently looked on Cruise Personaliser we had a phantom cruise for a few days and a cruise credit for a cruise on the ship we were booked on but with no destination.

That phantom cruise still shows on our cruise history!

Didn’t seem to be worth thinking about as apart from the 10% in the boutiques and the additional mini bar set up it was a non-event which, to us seemed to be nothing more than a way of them avoiding having to give us suite priority tendering cards.

In fact the only advantage I really noticed was that it was the first suite cruise on which, when I went to the suite/Elite desk, I did not have to endure being told, on at least one occasion, by a person waving a black card, that they were Elite,that I was in the wrong line and that they had priority over me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums