FV Cabins on Constellation

reklawr

How many FV cabins do they have on Constellation?

Are the FV cabins only located on the stern?

I have an FV guarantee on Courtesy hold. I'm hopeful its one of the AFT FV cabins. Is there any way to find out?

How many FV cabins do they have on Constellation?

Are the FV cabins only located on the stern?

I have an FV guarantee on Courtesy hold. I'm hopeful its one of the AFT FV cabins. Is there any way to find out?

The photo below (my husband, Lsimon took this a few years ago) shows the cabins on the rear of the Summit; numbers of the rooms on the Connie are the same. There are 12 FV units on the rear. What number room do you have? Hope the photo helps. The rooms are wonderful... lots of room, phenomenal storage and the balconies, especially the corner FVs, are great. We are in 7199 in March.

132359580_6DX45-L.jpg

Edited by Cruiser Susie

Roy, they are aft facing and there are 12 of them. 6 are corners and 6 non-corner. I'm not sure when they assign them, but you should be able to check on the "My Celebrity" page on the X website. If you've scored one congratulations. I'm in a corner FV on Connie in March.

Phil

Hi Phil, the FV's have been coming up as sold for the past 9 months. This morning when I checked if any were available it said it was an FV GTY. So I immediately put it on Courtesy Hold. I'll have to cancel my current cabin as soon as I find out what FV Cabin they assign to me.

This is too cool....:D:D:D

The photo below (my husband, Lsimon took this a few years ago) shows the cabins on the rear of the Summit; numbers of the rooms on the Connie are the same. There are 12 FV units on the rear. What number room do you have? Hope the photo helps. The rooms are wonderful... lots of room, phenomenal storage and the balconies, especially the corner FVs, are great. We are in 7199 in March.

132359580_6DX45-L.jpg

Hi Susie, That's a great picture Larry took. We always use Larry's picture as the source to identify AFT cabin numbers.

I don't know what cabin number I have yet. What I have on courtesy hold is an FV GTY. No FV's have been available for a long time. When I checked this morning it had a GTY available under FV os I jumped on it real quick.

We have had Corner FOVs on both the Constellationa and the Millenium. Keep in mind that Celebrity never offers FOVs to parties of less than 5 until a couple of months before sailing. If you have a party of 5 you have to call them or an agent to get one. We have been fortunate enough that both of the last 2 years, we were able to book one for the 2 of us just about 2 months before sailing.

As a guarantee, you are really not "guarenteed" any FOV, but at least and FOV or better. And since there are only 12 on the ship, it may be very likely that you may be put into a CC which could be anywhere on the ship. I think that CC is a step below a corner FOV. Even if it is an aft CC, the balcony is big, yes, but it is a "tunnel". Corner FOV is a wraparound with about a 270 degree view. Personally, I would not want that chance. I only book if it is an assigned cabin when I book. I am completely hooked on corner FOVs, which has now limited me to M class ships/interaries.

Beware, if you do get the corner FOV, you will be spoiled for life!

We have had Corner FOVs on both the Constellationa and the Millenium. Keep in mind that Celebrity never offers FOVs to parties of less than 5 until a couple of months before sailing. If you have a party of 5 you have to call them or an agent to get one. We have been fortunate enough that both of the last 2 years, we were able to book one for the 2 of us just about 2 months before sailing.

As a guarantee, you are really not "guarenteed" any FOV, but at least and FOV or better. And since there are only 12 on the ship, it may be very likely that you may be put into a CC which could be anywhere on the ship. I think that CC is a step below a corner FOV. Even if it is an aft CC, the balcony is big, yes, but it is a "tunnel". Corner FOV is a wraparound with about a 270 degree view. Personally, I would not want that chance. I only book if it is an assigned cabin when I book. I am completely hooked on corner FOVs, which has now limited me to M class ships/interaries.

Beware, if you do get the corner FOV, you will be spoiled for life!

Chooz, I agree with your assessment. I called Celebrity (as Rick said) with the FOV GTY I could be "upgraded" to a CC somewhere else on the ship. I presently have AFT 7203 Confirmed and I am not willing to lose 7203 for an FOV GTY if there is a possibility of being "upgraded" to a CC anywhere on the ship. I will keep watching for an FOV with an assigned cabin to become available.

Chooz, I agree with your assessment. I called Celebrity (as Rick said) with the FOV GTY I could be "upgraded" to a CC somewhere else on the ship. I presently have AFT 7203 Confirmed and I am not willing to lose 7203 for an FOV GTY if there is a possibility of being "upgraded" to a CC anywhere on the ship. I will keep watching for an FOV with an assigned cabin to become available.

I was in your position for the Feb 14th sailing of the Constellation. We had an aft cabin...just a few days before final payment an aft corner became available and we grabbed it.

However, we would have kept our aft cabin if a Corner FV did not become available.

I checked the cruise after us an it had an FV available closer to their final payment. So keep checking!!:)

• 1 month later...

I am confused........I would have thought that 9158 would be pretty much the same as 7203 but without the CC perks? The corner FOV's have the larger balcony. the non corners have the same balcony as the aft CCs. I do understand that the cabin has the partition for privacy, but other than that and maybe the extra storage it would be the same as the aft CC.

I, personally would only go for the FOV if were a corner for the tremendous balcony.

Please tell me if I am wrong. I have only had the corner FOV.

Also, I would check every day to see if a corner opens up. On our last cruise on Millie last October............even though we had already booked a corner, a couple of corners opened up just a week or so before sailing. I was surprised.

As far as noise from above..............there is very little disturbance because of it. We never had a problem on either cruise and both were in 9156.

Good luck!

We are on the same cruise as Lucy & Phil and got a call this morning with the offer from 7203 to 8183 and we jumped on it. We don't like the canapes, and usually aren't even in the cabin when they arrive, don't drink the "sparkling wine" they provide and the fruit is fine if they bring one. We like the extra space.

Check out the deck plans and you'll notice that the balcony might be larger on all afts but the cabin size in the FV's is also larger. My kids had 9199 on Summit and it was huge. The only thing I didn't like about that cabin was the back of the balcony is totally enclosed. We like to be able to sit at the far end, on the rail, and watch the wake. Yes, it has the larger side view but that's up to your individual likes and dislikes. We're Elite so we get the Elite perks and those are the only ones we usually use so it was a no brainer.

Whichever cabin you choose, enjoy your trip.

Pat C

Roy I am bummed! You didn't mention what great neighbors you have

:-(

Neil, I do indeed apologize for not mentioning that we have fantastic neighbors. :) It just totally skipped my pea brain. :) What in the heck was I ever thinging of? :)

We are on the same cruise as Lucy & Phil and got a call this morning with the offer from 7203 to 8183 and we jumped on it. We don't like the canapes, and usually aren't even in the cabin when they arrive, don't drink the "sparkling wine" they provide and the fruit is fine if they bring one. We like the extra space.

Pat C

We feel the same. The canapes are pretty poor and we too never drink the sparkling wine. In fact I was going to give the sparkling wine to one of our cc friends on our roll call. So we can do without the Conceirge perks. And we are elite so there are other perks that we can enjoy more. We much more prefer the additional cabin space of the FV cabin. :)

• 3 months later...
We had 9199 (non-corner) Family OV on the Millie last month and it was awesome! I don't know how I'll ever go back to a regular balcony. The extra room was really nice.

We have 9199 on the June 3rd ... Scandinavia & Russia Cruise ... do you have any pictures or comments ... esp. the balcony ... Thanks :)

We have 9199 on the June 3rd ... Scandinavia & Russia Cruise ... do you have any pictures or comments ... esp. the balcony ... Thanks :)

:confused: correction - we are on The Connie ... 9199 ... but I think ??? they may be the same, or does anyone know ? Thanks