Magic - Cove balcony or upgrade to balcony on Vista deck?

dolphinlover1

Depends on location. We had a midship deck 9 balcony that we enjoyed but there are some areas under the Lido I would avoid.

We had a cove just forward of midship elevators that we enjoyed even more. I wouldn't want one under the galley.

We liked the cove even better than the larger aft-extended balcony. It's my favorite cabin so far.

Edited by bury me at sea
Typo

The balcony on the Vista deck is aft, with the pizzaria and pool above it, and the cove balcony is mid ship, not under the galley.

I would keep the cove. Those balconies are awesome. And deck 2 was very quiet.

It is also nice being so close to to the deck where you get on and off the ship in ports. The stairs are more convenient than the elevators.

Depends on where your Cove is. we love the cove, but we once had one under the galley that sounded like a bowling alley above us all night we didn't sleep for 6 days straight. It was so bad even the guy who came to listen to it couldn't believe it. Carnival comped us 250$ worth of shore excursions and gave us 15% off our next cruise.... and that wasn't enough to make it ok in my mind as not sleeping for those days completely ruined my vacation I still to this day regret even getting on that boat it was like torture being woken up ever 5-10 minutes from 10pm on. Let me put it this way hubby is military and can sleep through gun fire etc... even he could not sleep through this.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you happen to know what room numbers you had? We have 2 cove balcony's and I am nervous. We were once on a Royal cruise and right next to the engine room. It was the worst vacation I have ever had.

We were in 2322. Portside any balcony up to 2334, and starboard any cabin up to 2361 will not be under the galley.