Which cruise line is good for first trip in alaska

jaitip

What itinerary would you please suggest? Honestly I have no idea about anchorage or Kodiak or elsewhere. First information I have are only about skagway, ketchikan, juneau as Thai people review about them. When I should go there to still see ice and animals? May or June is ok? Actually i want to go on helicopter but not sure if my mom could go on it as it is hard to walk on ice ( i read and found there are some limitations) i try to narrow down by gathering all information you guys provide to me. I really appreciate them.

I will go back to see all itineraries and find some suit my interesting.

Now i try to read from other web but i read it slowly.

Thank you very much.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

She is talking about Holland America Line on the ship Zaandam, which starts in Seattle and also ends in Seattle 14 days later. The cruise dates for May are May 7 and May 21, 2018. Since the cruise is longer it can go much further north before turning around and returning to Seattle.

She is talking about Holland America Line on the ship Zaandam, which starts in Seattle and also ends in Seattle 14 days later. The cruise dates for May are May 7 and May 21, 2018. Since the cruise is longer it can go much further north before turning around and returning to Seattle.

Thank you. I will look through it.

I hope you will consider the itinerary of Holland America's Nieux Amsterdam. It sails round trip Vancouver. My husband and I took that cruise in May, 2016 and were very impressed. The ship is very pretty and elegant. Food was excellent and they had many asian choices. It did go to Glacier Bay which was a great day enjoying the beauty of the glacier and surrounding area. The ship is not real old being built in 2010 and it was refurbished this year.

You will enjoy the inside passage by taking round trip Vancouver or Northbound or Southbound Vancouver to Anchorage (Seward) OR Anchorage (Seward) to Vancouver. Anchorage is the capital of Alaska and that is where the airport is located if you fly in for a southbound cruise. Seward is the actual town that the ship sails in or out of. Anchorage is about 3 hours from Seward. The train ride between Seward and Anchorage is beautiful.

You have a lot to consider. A trip like this takes a lot of planning. What a great thing to do with your mother.

Here is the itinerary that the Nieux Amsterdam has which it does every week:

We really enjoyed our cruise on the Nieux Amsterdam. It sails through the Inside Passage, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Glacier Bay National Park and back through the Inside Passage.

Let us all know what you decide and how your trip was.

I read that people also like Holland america but i just never see review in Thai. I want to spend time in vancouver or seattle depending on where i would get on the ship which is still in decision process. I will choose balcony cabin. Which city do you recommend vancouver or seattle?

I would sail out of Vancouver because the route is more scenic and smoother sailing. Vancouver is a beautiful city to visit.

I hope you will consider the itinerary of Holland America's Nieux Amsterdam. It sails round trip Vancouver. My husband and I took that cruise in May, 2016 and were very impressed. The ship is very pretty and elegant. Food was excellent and they had many asian choices. It did go to Glacier Bay which was a great day enjoying the beauty of the glacier and surrounding area. The ship is not real old being built in 2010 and it was refurbished this year.

You will enjoy the inside passage by taking round trip Vancouver or Northbound or Southbound Vancouver to Anchorage (Seward) OR Anchorage (Seward) to Vancouver. Anchorage is the capital of Alaska and that is where the airport is located if you fly in for a southbound cruise. Seward is the actual town that the ship sails in or out of. Anchorage is about 3 hours from Seward. The train ride between Seward and Anchorage is beautiful.

You have a lot to consider. A trip like this takes a lot of planning. What a great thing to do with your mother.

Here is the itinerary that the Nieux Amsterdam has which it does every week:

We really enjoyed our cruise on the Nieux Amsterdam. It sails through the Inside Passage, Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Glacier Bay National Park and back through the Inside Passage.

Let us all know what you decide and how your trip was.

Thank you for you good advice.

Last night here i have read a lot of information from Cruise Critic which comparing between Princess and HAL. Honestly, i would love both but now I would choose HAL as there are a lot of people still like HAL. i went on Sapphire princess before so I think I would better try a new line.

At the beginning I don’t think about Northbound or southbound at all because I don’t know where it is and how could i get back to the first city i get in as i would buy roundtrip plane ticket.

Last night i read information, i am interested in seward or somewhere else in the north but still less information how I could get back from there to Vancouver. i don’t think there would be direct flight from there back to my country otherwise would be very expensive i guess. gotta find more information. If ship back it would take more time and cost a lot. I am not sure if it is hard for me to manage this. But when you said about train to anchorage the scenic is nice, i feel interested ^^ I have many hearts.

Now i decide to choose HAL but dont know the ship yet depending on itineraries what what available. Not very much ship i found from my search for this year.

I want to go to the basic three cities, Juneau, skagway, Ketchikan because i want to see whale watching and helicopter and dog sledding, also go on white-pass railway.

Also want to go to Glacier bay, Hubbard glacier

These are a must I want to see.

For some itineraries going to the north of alaska, i saw it skip skagway.

So i am now not sure about exact itineraries yet. Skipping ketchikan is fine for me but not skagway.

I don’t know how could i stay in seward after cruising in case i choose to visit there. No idea, are there any cruise-tours that i could buy from the ship. I read that princess and HAL have their own accommodation but for whom and how to get that, offer for cruiser?

I am still reading more information, not finish yet but got more and more.

It is not my home so I have to think a lot and also bring elder people is more harder to manage.

If it is too hard for me to manage it well i. Seward after cruising, i might go on roundtrip cruising then.

Thank you for your help.

Thank you for you good advice.

Last night here i have read a lot of information from Cruise Critic which comparing between Princess and HAL. Honestly, i would love both but now I would choose HAL as there are a lot of people still like HAL. i went on Sapphire princess before so I think I would better try a new line.

At the beginning I don’t think about Northbound or southbound at all because I don’t know where it is and how could i get back to the first city i get in as i would buy roundtrip plane ticket.

Last night i read information, i am interested in seward or somewhere else in the north but still less information how I could get back from there to Vancouver. i don’t think there would be direct flight from there back to my country otherwise would be very expensive i guess. gotta find more information. If ship back it would take more time and cost a lot. I am not sure if it is hard for me to manage this. But when you said about train to anchorage the scenic is nice, i feel interested ^^ I have many hearts.

Now i decide to choose HAL but dont know the ship yet depending on itineraries what what available. Not very much ship i found from my search for this year.

I want to go to the basic three cities, Juneau, skagway, Ketchikan because i want to see whale watching and helicopter and dog sledding, also go on white-pass railway.

Also want to go to Glacier bay, Hubbard glacier

These are a must I want to see.

For some itineraries going to the north of alaska, i saw it skip skagway.

So i am now not sure about exact itineraries yet. Skipping ketchikan is fine for me but not skagway.

I don’t know how could i stay in seward after cruising in case i choose to visit there. No idea, are there any cruise-tours that i could buy from the ship. I read that princess and HAL have their own accommodation but for whom and how to get that, offer for cruiser?

I am still reading more information, not finish yet but got more and more.

It is not my home so I have to think a lot and also bring elder people is more harder to manage.

If it is too hard for me to manage it well i. Seward after cruising, i might go on roundtrip cruising then.

Thank you for your help.

We are also trying to plan a cruise to Alaska so I have looked into many of the same questions you have.

You can book extra land days in Alaska either before the cruise, which would then sail south and end in Vancouver or Seattle, or you can book the extra days after the cruise.

The HAL and Princess websites let you book the cruises with the extra land days, sometimes called "cruisetours."

Anchorage is the city closest to Seward and Whittier and it has a large international airport. I don't think there are direct flights to Asia from Alaska but you can fly to or from Vancouver or Seattle from here to connect to your flight home.

It is very hard to figure all of this out, and we live in the US. It is also an expensive journey. Good luck in your planning!

We are also trying to plan a cruise to Alaska so I have looked into many of the same questions you have.

You can book extra land days in Alaska either before the cruise, which would then sail south and end in Vancouver or Seattle, or you can book the extra days after the cruise.

The HAL and Princess websites let you book the cruises with the extra land days, sometimes called "cruisetours."

Anchorage is the city closest to Seward and Whittier and it has a large international airport. I don't think there are direct flights to Asia from Alaska but you can fly to or from Vancouver or Seattle from here to connect to your flight home.

It is very hard to figure all of this out, and we live in the US. It is also an expensive journey. Good luck in your planning!

Yes for cruisetours I might buy only from HAL as princess doesn’t allow people not American or Canadian buy directly. I now got info about flights. At first i thought that ANC is providing only local flight.

I feel very hard for me to manage all of this as i never plan for traveling alone, mostly with tours. But i think it’s not too hard in USA as there are a lot of convenient things not like in my country.

Well, this trip would cost a lot for sure at least USD10000 for two. But i am ok if it would be great and my mom would be happy. This might be a last chance for her to come that far. I don’t even think about this before that we would go there as it is too far and know nothing at all. If it is land traveling, i think i cannot manage it. ^^ but cruising is still ok. Just stay on the ship if know nothing much. Thinking about visa application makes me tired already ^^ cost about $600 for two.

Thank you. Hope you enjoy too.