Celebrity Suite on the Millennium: Pics/Comments Please?

tymike

Hi all,

Finally going to AK on the Millennium in 2018 and have been considering which stateroom. We've stayed in Sky Suites twice on the Summit and have been happy but am thinking the Celebrity Suite may serve the need for a better view from the balcony.

I'm thinking from the pics I've seen online that the Celebrity Suite's bedroom does not have a view of any kind. Correct?

How is the balcony as far as space and ability to sit and have coffee in the morning? Any other information about this suite would be great to know and highly appreciated...both positive and negative.

Thanks as always!

You are correct in that bedroom does not have any view to the balcony. The CS balcony is very wide (1/4 circle) but not very deep. It has plenty of room. Only negative I found is that the tub has a big step down when getting out of the shower (to accommodate the motor for the jacuzzi). Everything else about the CS is great, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We sailed in a CS on Summit and are back in one on Millennium to Alaska. The balcony is wide but narrow and only has a low table, not a real dining table. The living area has a full dining table with 4 chairs. The views from inside are great in inclement weather. The bedroom is totally enclosed and we wished we had had a night light to plug into the walk in closet to show our way in the middle of the night. The bathroom is ok but the whirlpool tub is high and the edges are wide. There is not much floor space between the tub, commode, and sink so if you have any issues with your knees or mobility getting in or out is a challenge. The bathroom has double sinks. Because of the views but narrow balcony we would not hesitate to book one for Alaska or Canada. If it was a Caribbean cruise we would look at a RS, or even a Sky Suite.

Our first M-class Celebrity Suite was on Millennium. The décor of each CS on this ship (only) were all different. I understand that this has not changed. If this is correct, I really recommend the forward facing CS on the highest deck. Try for this suite if it is available. I will not describe it to avoid spoiling the surprise.

Having been in both on Millie, personally I wouldn't spend the extra money on an M-class CS again. I found the balcony extremely windy since it juts out the side of the ship. That was a definitely an issue in Alaska. The balcony is also very narrow and everyone can watch your every move on the balcony.

I was extremely surprised by the condition of the CS bathroom the last couple of times I had one. The bathroom pieces have not been updated in the CS category since then. The bathtubs had big gouges and scratches all over and mould around the edges. Gross.

The cost difference is usually significant (to me, but that is relative). For the difference in price between CS and S1, I expect more.

There are pros to the CS though, not just cons. There is more room, a dining table, the views are great and you will get some extra benefits if you are not already at a higher loyalty level. If you aren't in your room a lot, the extra cost may not be worth it.

• 10 months later...
My Sil and her husband had a CS on Connie last Sept. I know the decors differ a bit by ship but this should give you an idea of the layout....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJVsY-NZpc4&t=62s

Has anyone been in 8104 on Millie? Would love to see pictures. We are booked in that room for a TP from Japan to Vancouver for 2019.

Thanks for the picture of 6106, I am looking for 8104.... I've read somewhere that all the CS's on Millie are different, don't know if that's true but if it is, I would really like to see one of 8104...:)

They are all the same.

Hi all,

Finally going to AK on the Millennium in 2018 and have been considering which stateroom. We've stayed in Sky Suites twice on the Summit and have been happy but am thinking the Celebrity Suite may serve the need for a better view from the balcony.

I'm thinking from the pics I've seen online that the Celebrity Suite's bedroom does not have a view of any kind. Correct?

How is the balcony as far as space and ability to sit and have coffee in the morning? Any other information about this suite would be great to know and highly appreciated...both positive and negative.

Thanks as always!

We have stayed in a Celebrity Suite a few times on a sister ship, the summit. Loved it. While the bedroom has no window, it is very comfortable for sleeping. You have a great walk in closet with a his and her side and a vanity area in the center. The bathroom is great, except the tub is high up so short people might have difficulty entering the tub/shower combo. Good to bring a small plastic step stool if short. Love the dining living room combo. The S class ships lack a dining table as the celebrity suites are smaller. The suite has a nice comfortable balcony. The entire suite has plenty of storage also. Youtube has great videos of the suite. Enjoy your cruise

They are all the same.

When did they change? Originally unlike the other M-class ships, they all had individual décor and I have been told that they did not alter the décor during the Soliticisation of Millennium. That would have seemed the most likely time to make any change.

When did they change? Originally unlike the other M-class ships, they all had individual décor and I have been told that they did not alter the décor during the Soliticisation of Millennium. That would have seemed the most likely time to make any change.

My apologies, I was referring to the lay-out of the cabins, not the decor.

Thanks for the confirmation, I had read this too that on Millie they were different on each floor. I haven't been able to find a video of either 8104 or 8106......oh well may just have to wait and find out once we board.

We love the CS on both M & S class.... S class have the superior balcony for sure, but M class has much more space and the table is nice.... either way, it's a great suite.

We have stayed in CS twice on S Class ships. The Suite is too mall for the extra cost and no additional perks are included. Your perks are they same as the lowest Sky Suite. You do have a very small sealed off bedroom but you have no dining table. You have a large coffee table but when we were on last year it stayed at its low level so it was not suitable for dining in the cabin. We had a hump cabin open to the bow. If you are underway it is extremely windy. Sounds like the CS n Millenium are better deals as they have a dining table.

We have stayed in CS twice on S Class ships. The Suite is too mall for the extra cost and no additional perks are included. Your perks are they same as the lowest Sky Suite. You do have a very small sealed off bedroom but you have no dining table. You have a large coffee table but when we were on last year it stayed at its low level so it was not suitable for dining in the cabin. We had a hump cabin open to the bow. If you are underway it is extremely windy. Sounds like the CS n Millenium are better deals as they have a dining table.

While we agree CS larger on MClass, we really enjoy a CS on the s class ships. Love the walk in closet and the extra space . Great to have a separate livingroom. IMO if you can swing it, go for it. We also when we cannot get a CS we are comfortable in a sky suite.

Perhaps someday we can sail in a royal suite or penthouse

Ah...but the hump cabin facing aft is wonderful!!!

While we agree CS larger on MClass, we really enjoy a CS on the s class ships. Love the walk in closet and the extra space . Great to have a separate livingroom. IMO if you can swing it, go for it. We also when we cannot get a CS we are comfortable in a sky suite.

Perhaps someday we can sail in a royal suite or penthouse

Definitely agree about the "S" class CS. Have been in one on 4 different cruises and booked in one this coming April too. We always book the one on the side of the hump, but the one facing aft which blocks wind and rain marvelously. On our 3 TA's in one we were able to use the balcony nearly every day despite some not so great weather occasionally. I love the separate bedroom and two entrances into the bathroom, it's a very nice stateroom and one we would be happy to be in anytime.