Nieuw Amsterdam Dry Dock

luvn2cruzzz

I debarked Nieuw Amsterdam today. They already started replacing some carpets during the last week and it looked really nice with new, plush padding. I could see they worked on it overnight each night in the elevator areas. It was a dream to walk on because the padding was so plush. It was also very attractive carpeting (a big improvement from the old carpeting IMHO).

They are adding Lincoln Center, Billboard, and Gallery Bar. Does the Gallery Bar replace the nightclub?

Northern Lights will be gone and the Gallery Bar will be a reality. I think the Bar in the Crows nest will give way to the Dutch Cafe

The Dutch Cafe on the Konigsdam is heavenly with its sandwiches, pea soup, and decadent desserts particularly the Konigsbol--a cream puff filled with chantilly cream and covered in chocolate! They have snacks, breakfast items and lunch along with a bar and coffee drinks. One of our favorite places on the ship due to its decor and choices.

• Like 1

Is it possible they are doing away with the screening room? It looks like it has a new name on an updated deck plan.

On the webpage the Screening Room is still showing on Deck 3. Hopefully that's the case. Are you seeing a different layout somewhere? And I haven't read anything about the Dutch Cafe being added to the N.A., but that would be wonderful.

On the webpage the Screening Room is still showing on Deck 3. Are you seeing a different layout somewhere?
Yes, they have updated the deck plan on the travel agent website. It says that space is now called the Tasman Room, which I can only guess will be another meeting/conference room.

Never knew a separate travel agent site existed. Any chance you could share it?
I better not, just in case it isn't ready for public viewing. I have no idea if there are any rules to that sort of thing. But I'm sure if it's on that site, it will soon be on the main consumer site, especially given that the dry dock ends in two days.

I better not, just in case it isn't ready for public viewing. I have no idea if there are any rules to that sort of thing. But I'm sure if it's on that site, it will soon be on the main consumer site, especially given that the dry dock ends in two days.

Gotcha. I'll keep an eye out for the revised deck plans for sure.

Just the Explorations Cafe, I believe. The Grand Dutch Cafe is currently exclusive to the Koningsdam. If I am incorrect, somebody please correct me.
My understanding is that it would be exclusive to the Pinnacle class ships. The current deck plans for the N.A. on the HAL site don't show one there.