Oceana refit

davecttr

There is a rumour they have taken out the palm trees from the atrium, hope its all tasteful!

If its not broken, why fix it? The atrium really didn't need a lot - there are plenty of other areas that need some tlc on this lovely ship.

I wonder if Cafe Jardin is still there, hope so we did like that a lot.

We are due on her in October, so will be reading any info about the refurb. Has P&O said anything official regards what was being done?

Hi everyone. Oceana has come out of refit and sailed on her first post-refit cruise this afternoon. I went on today to have a look around and I've been impressed with the changes. The palm trees have gone, but the atrium looks good. I have written a post about it on my blog The Cruise Blogger, if anyone is interested. It also includes photos of the changes. http://www.thecruiseblogger.com/ship-review-po-cruises-oceana/

Hi everyone. Oceana has come out of refit and sailed on her first post-refit cruise this afternoon. I went on today to have a look around and I've been impressed with the changes. The palm trees have gone, but the atrium looks good. I have written a post about it on my blog The Cruise Blogger, if anyone is interested. It also includes photos of the changes. http://www.thecruiseblogger.com/ship-review-po-cruises-oceana/

Lovely review thank you, shame about the teak being replaced by plastic.

Thank you, makes interesting reading. What, if anything, has happened to Cafe Jardin? If it is still present, is it still functioning as it was with similar menus? We have not been on board for a few years, so we may be out of date regards menus. I know they had made it into a pizza joint, but It changed from that and I think Marco Pierre White was involved again. Certainly was not a popular menu as a pizza joint.

We will be on board for most of October (24 nights).

Edited by tring

Hi. Cafe Jardin remains the same as far as I am aware. The tables and chairs are still the same as before and it is still an Italian restaurant. I couldn't see any visible changes there. The library and card room remain untouched too. Hope this helps.

Thanks that is good to know.

I think that the refit photos look great - less of the negativity folks, she looks much better in parts.

Then again, we loved her when she was showing more of her age and rusty, so any refurb is going to be a winner for us .........

We were on Oceana just over a year ago, after the last refit and they'd defintely changed the furnishings in the cabin - well in the one we had anyway. We are on her again next September so will look forward to seeing the changes. We love Oceana, our second favourite ship, after Aurora.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of new carpets and furniture. The Yacht & Compass changes are not too great. some remodelling on decks 12 and 14. No change to the Garden Kaf. Contrary to the P&O website formal dress only applies to the two main dining rooms and Magnums.

from an ossifer aboard, the next refit will be in Dubai and by then Oceana will be based there for the winter season.

Lots of new carpets and furniture. The Yacht & Compass changes are not too great. some remodelling on decks 12 and 14. No change to the Garden Kaf. Contrary to the P&O website formal dress only applies to the two main dining rooms and Magnums.

from an ossifer aboard, the next refit will be in Dubai and by then Oceana will be based there for the winter season.

Thanks for that Dave - the photos posted above look really good as well from another CC member. A lovely, friendly ship so her and her crew deserve a good make over :-)

I’ve been looking to book an inside cabin for 3 adults as we have previously done this a couple of times in the last two years and not having much luck even though those cabins are available for 2 people. Has anyone any knowledge of whether Oceana is not allowing bookings for 3. I’ve asked my agent to look into this further.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’ve been looking to book an inside cabin for 3 adults as we have previously done this a couple of times in the last two years and not having much luck even though those cabins are available for 2 people. Has anyone any knowledge of whether Oceana is not allowing bookings for 3. I’ve asked my agent to look into this further.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

According to the deck plans Oceana has a lot of 3 berth inside cabins which have a upper Pullman berth. Maybe they are reserving these for families with children. You could try a dummy booking with the 3rd adult a child aged 12 and see what happens!

According to the deck plans Oceana has a lot of 3 berth inside cabins which have a upper Pullman berth. Maybe they are reserving these for families with children. You could try a dummy booking with the 3rd adult a child aged 12 and see what happens!

Agree with this advice. We once tried to book a cabin for a 2 week cruise. We were told that it was occupied and that we had to have another one. We booked the one they suggested. The next day we checked out of interest and the cabin we asked for originally was still available for both of the 1 week cruises. I.e. it was not occupied at all and free. We contacted P&O by phone and told them that we thought we had been told something untrue re the state of the cabin we had requested as it was free.

The P&O rep. went away and came back saying that her manager had released it and that it was now available for us.

They do keep cabins back so best to phone them and check what it going on. (I'd contact them more than once if you don't get the right answer as I don't think that some of the sales team know what is going on half of the time)

:-)