Millennium Captain and Hotel Director Late August 2017??

QShip

Based upon prior cruises and what I read on CC I believe that the Captain and Hotel Director have more influence on the quality and experience of a cruise than anyone else on the ship. They set the tone and quality of service for the voyage and are instrumental in establishing and maintaining the morale of the crew. They can make a ho-hum cruise fantastic, or vice versa.

That being said, does anyone know who the Captain and Hotel Director will be for our late August Alaska Millennium cruise? If so, what can you tell me about them?

Edited by QShip
clarification

Based upon prior cruises and what I read on CC I believe that the Captain and Hotel Director have more influence on the quality and experience of a cruise than anyone else on the ship. They set the tone and quality of service for the voyage and are instrumental in establishing and maintaining the morale of the crew. They can make a ho-hum cruise fantastic, or vice versa.

That being said, does anyone know who the Captain and Hotel Director will be for our late August Alaska Millennium cruise? If so, what can you tell me about them?

There are massive crew movements right before and after a repositioning cruise. Your cruise is right before the repositioning so it is very, very difficult to tell. Sometimes Captains change a week before or after they were scheduled to leave because they agree to change due to travel arrangements. If you have Capt. Nicholas, who is scheduled to be on about that time, you'll experience one of the most genuine people you've ever met. He is really passenger centered.

• 3 weeks later...

Captains usually serve 12 weeks on, 12 weeks off. The current Captain, Illias Stefanatos reportedly started on May 22. As you see his date to leave is right at your cruise, but sometimes they stay later or leave earlier if there is a repositioning cruise. That cruise starts on September 8. As you can see unless the new Captain, Nicholas Christdoulakis reports prior to your cruise your question cannot be answered with confidence.

Are Hotel Directors on the same schedule?

Where did you get the information as to the (possible) next Captain?

No, HDs are typically on for 4 months, but may more to another ship. Arno's old thread,Who's OnBoard, has the information. I get it via another social media outlet.

Based upon your earlier post hopefully Capt. Nicolas will be onboard.

I really hope that he'll be on with his family when I'm on on September 8th. Really wonderful people. I haven't met the current Captain yet.

We are now closer to departure. Anyone have any information?

You might get lucky and have Niina as your HD while onboard. My opinion is she the best Hotel Director in the fleet. I know she's been onboard Millenium for a while, but if you are lucky enough to sail with her you'll be in for a excellent voyage