Miracle without power

keiko618

My sister is on the ship and engines have stopped and they do not have power. Captain has verified the same. They are coming back from Alaska and due to dock tomorrow morning in Long Beach. She was able to send out email using the services available now.

]Underway at full speed now but definitely had an issue.

[/b]

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:414118/mmsi:354277000/imo:9237357/vessel:CARNIVAL_MIRACLE

Hope they get to the bottom of it' date=' we board two weeks from tomorrow.

BonVoyage

Dawna[/quote']

Great News! Was concerned about my friends of the ship! :D

I will also be boarding in two weeks. Guess I need to bring a generator for my room, what size gasoline container will they allow? :D

Haha, they probably won't let you bring that on board since you can fill it with vodka.

Latest update is all seems well other than hot tap water is staining towels and not looking clean.

Whenever the water has been turned off for a while, the chlorine and carbonate scale that naturally forms on the inside of the water pipes dries out and breaks off. It is then circulated around the ship, and tends to collect in the static legs going to each cabin's sink and shower. Running the water for a minute or so generally clears this up. It looks bad, and it doesn't lend itself to drinking (though it is safe).