Millennium Asian cruise info please

DianeandMark

I have been looking for the same info. Are we on the same cruise 3/4/18?

Yes we are. [emoji2]

I plan on ringing Celebrity on their Australian number to ask the question but doubt I'll be any wiser after. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are cruising on Millennium next March visiting HK, Vietnam and Taiwan.

Could any recent cruisers tell me if the ship organised the Vietnam visa please.

Thanks, Diane [emoji2]

Yes it does, when we did the cruise everyone surrenders their passports to the ship and they sort out temp documentation required for shore visits.

Yes it does, when we did the cruise everyone surrenders their passports to the ship and they sort out temp documentation required for shore visits.

Thanks for the reconfirmation on this. We are on Millennium at Christmas/New Year's, and that is what we are being told. :)

• 1 month later...

Just returned from Asian cruise, Celebrity take care of visas for Vietnam but still have to go through immigration queues as you disembark , don't forget your copies of passport , enjoy your cruise we had an amazing time .

It´s all taken care of. Passports are collected during check in. On some day you have to collect them back, go through a check on board and in Vietnam you will have to present the passport at a checkpoint in port.

The procedure how it is done will be explained in a letter in your stateroom beginning of the cruise and again in the daily program. Please read what it says ;) When we did the (fabulous) Southeast Asia cruise many people on board complained that they did not know what to do - although it was all explained many times :rolleyes:

I still have the papers at home. I will post a photo - if I remember tonight.

We were on Millie last Jan 2017 Hong Kong to Shanghai. We had a fantastic cruise. We are booked on March 18, 2018 cruise on Millie. Last year we had gotten the 10 year China Visa as we had planned on traveling in China over the next 10 years. If I remember rightly. Passports and a copy of your onward travel was needed at check in. A number of times we did have to go through customs checking for body temperature. China did want a one on one with passenger and passport.

We were on Millie last Jan 2017 Hong Kong to Shanghai. We had a fantastic cruise. We are booked on March 18, 2018 cruise on Millie. Last year we had gotten the 10 year China Visa as we had planned on traveling in China over the next 10 years. If I remember rightly. Passports and a copy of your onward travel was needed at check in. A number of times we did have to go through customs checking for body temperature. China did want a one on one with passenger and passport.

The body temperature scanner were installed with there was SARS outbreak in the region. I did not know that it is still in place. Good to know.

I am on ship just now. They took our passports on embarkation and arranged all required visas. Passports were returned after last port of call. There were random checks on temperature done at airport in Hong Kong and at port. Think this is standard at all times. We also had to all have temperature check done on board before visiting the Phillipines.

We have just received this email from Celebrity. Can anyone travelling soon on Millennium please ask if the cruise line will no longer be organising visas for Vietnam. Our cruise is next March so just wondering if they are stopping this soon.

8264a774d7e157067ad321d3df02cf7b.jpg

The letter addresses people from countries needing „real“ visas. Don’t know how to say it differently. These visas have never been organised by Celebrity.

We received the same information before our cruise. But all was fine.

Don‘t know the regulations for Australian citizens, so please check just to be sure.

And don’t forget the copy of your passport, that goes for everyone.

Lot of people did not bring one when we checked in, resulting in longer waiting times because copies had to be made by the staff.

Edited by Miaminice

The letter addresses people from countries needing „real“ visas. Don’t know how to say it differently. These visas have never been organised by Celebrity.

We received the same information before our cruise. But all was fine.

Don‘t know the regulations for Australian citizens, so please check just to be sure.

And don’t forget the copy of your passport, that goes for everyone.

Lot of people did not bring one when we checked in, resulting in longer waiting times because copies had to be made by the staff.

Thanks for the response Miaminice,

I was confused by the wording as it says ‘all guests must hold valid visas for all ports of call’. I don’t need one for Vietnam apparently as I’m travelling on a British passport but my hubby has an Australian passport and the travel advice says he will need one.

I just wish Celebrity would make things a bit clearer

Anyway thanks again

Diane

Well, while I hear what you are saying, I understand that they have guests from multiple countries on every single cruise. It would be next to impossible to phrase informations in a way that would apply to all of them.

We had the same worries for our Southeast Aisia cruise, but all worked out well and it was a fabulous experience.

I got the same letter today. I was upset thinking that I had to get a Vietnam visa before the cruise. Called my TA who reassured me that Celebrity will get visas for US and Canadian citizens. He said that the letter is sent to all passengers regardless of their nationality. I also called Celebrity. The Celebrity agent also said that visas could be bought on the ship. $6. If you do not overnight or $28 if you stay overnight. Fee can be charged to your seapass account. Celebrity agent said that the letter provokes many guests to call.

I am confused about the passport or picture copies. Do I just need to take color photocopies of our passports? We leave for our SE cruise next week, so I better get on it!

All you need is a photocopy of the picture page of your passport - it does not have to be in color.

If you do not have a copy machine:

Take a picture of the page with your phone and print it. That is sufficient - plus, you then have a picture of your passport on your phone which might help someday.

BTW: we always have a copy of our passports with us on cruises. On some cruises you hand in your passport when checking in (as on this one). I have a copy in my wallet so I have one on shore. Never know what it is good for. I also leave one copy in our luggage on top of all our things in case the luggage gets lost.

If you would like to read about our personal experiences on the Asian Immersion Cruise (Jan 2017) on the Celebrity Millennium - I blogged the immigration info here:

Asian Immersion Cruise - Immigration Information

Heather

Thank you Heather, enjoyed reading your blog [emoji2]

I would love to hear more about your experiences. We are in the planning stages for Mar 19 Hong Kong to Shanghai. The emphasis being on China as that will be our daughter's heritage tour. Are the visa rules crystal clear as I heard about the 144 hr rule but am fuzzy on it? Our experiences with Celebrity consist only with S class ships in the Caribbean.