Millennium Aqua 9101 -Info please

tampalawyer

I recently booked this cabin for my first sailing on Celebrity. I read somewhere there is some kind of metal obstruction that limits the sunlight on the balcony on the 9th floor. Any information on this issue is appreciated. Also, I would welcome comments on Aqua class for this class of ship. I read that the solstice class aqua cabins are much nicer. I'm not sure if the posts I read were before the 2016 upgrade. Thanks much!

I recently booked this cabin for my first sailing on Celebrity. I read somewhere there is some kind of metal obstruction that limits the sunlight on the balcony on the 9th floor. Any information on this issue is appreciated. Also, I would welcome comments on Aqua class for this class of ship. I read that the solstice class aqua cabins are much nicer. I'm not sure if the posts I read were before the 2016 upgrade. Thanks much!

The deck above extends out such that the balconies are covered and do not really offer any sun, if that is what you want. The A1 cabins on deck 11 are, in contrast, completely uncovered. It depends on when you are cruising as to what you may like. One word of warning, though. If you stick with the A2s, get a cabin farther back. 9099 (and I presume it's neighbor 9101) are directly under the pool deck and subject to band noise, chair scraping etc at night and early morning. If you are at all noise sensitive, get cabins farther forward or farther back.

Agree with what's been said so far. We love the cabins on 11 for the peace and quiet (other than occasional noise from movies above heard from the balcony, but never anything too bad). But there is no cover at all. We sailed in one on a Panama Canal cruise and for multiple days our cabin never did get really cool they way we like it even when we kept the drapes closed all day. Our last cruise was in one of the 9th floor cabins. Never got any sun at all and DH was a bit frustrated he could not look up and see the stars. At the same time, we were able to use the balcony all day long as there was no sun beating down on us for hours. So it does really depend on your itinerary and what you personally like.

It is not just that the balcony is covered but that the pool deck above extends about 8 to 10 feet beyond the balcony railing.

An additional minor point is that 9101 is under the pool deck smoking area - so there is a very small chance that you may spell the smoke - probably only a potential problem while the ship is stopped in port.

Having sailed in Aqua class cabins on both decks I can assure you that the deck 9 cabins are not dungeon like.

The quieter cabins are aft of 9108 on the starboard side and their complimentary cabins on the port side.

There are covered Aqua cabins on deck 11. They are the aft cabins. These cabins have both deeper balconies and graduated coverings. They are considered the best available Aqua class cabins and we agree.