Double OBC when booking onboard?

smholt

I am taking a cruise in a few weeks, and am planning another for summer 2018. I read in the past there was a promotion giving double OBC when booking your next cruise onboard. Is this promotion still active? I am trying to decide if I should book onboard or wait and see if I get the "ZPM" offer after I get back. (I already have an existing FCD I could use which I read you could combine with ZPM offer.)

Thanks for any advice you have.

If you already have a FCD, you will get OBC from that. Booking onboard will give you the same additional OBC as booking when you get back home with the ZPM promotion. You do not have to do anything special to get the ZPM offfer; everybody is eligible. If you do not get the e-mail, you or your TA will get it simply by mentioning ZPM when you book. There is however a time limit...I do not remember the exact number of days but believe it is approx 60 days from the end of your cruise.

I am taking a cruise in a few weeks, and am planning another for summer 2018. I read in the past there was a promotion giving double OBC when booking your next cruise onboard. Is this promotion still active? I am trying to decide if I should book onboard or wait and see if I get the "ZPM" offer after I get back. (I already have an existing FCD I could use which I read you could combine with ZPM offer.)

You can use the existing FCD you have along with Promo code ZPM to get the "double" OBC. You just have to book after your cruise but within the 60 days. I just did this two weeks ago, so I know it works.

It is my understanding that you get an FCD, for example, of $150 if you book a cruise while on board but not specify which one, the OBC (FCD) doubles to $300 PP, also you get the OBC of $100 automatically, making it a FCD of $400 PP for booking a specific cruise while on board. We know for a fact because we did it. We have a total of $800 OBC for Oct. 2018 cruise on the Koningsdam. If we had only wanted to get a FCD but not book a particular cruise it would have been only $150 PP and if you book within 60 days an additional $100 PP, depending on the cruise you book. There is more information concerning the terms, you can find that out when you try booking your next cruise.

It is my understanding that you get an FCD, for example, of $150 if you book a cruise while on board but not specify which one, the OBC (FCD) doubles to $300 PP, also you get the OBC of $100 automatically, making it a FCD of $400 PP for booking a specific cruise while on board. We know for a fact because we did it. We have a total of $800 OBC for Oct. 2018 cruise on the Koningsdam. If we had only wanted to get a FCD but not book a particular cruise it would have been only $150 PP and if you book within 60 days an additional $100 PP, depending on the cruise you book. There is more information concerning the terms, you can find that out when you try booking your next cruise.

I am a bit confused. I looked at my FCD and for a 22 to 50 day cruise in a Veranda or higher cabin you earn $150 in OBC. If I use promotion ZPM I get another $150 pp (not the $100 you mention). Thus a total of $300 pp. I am unclear where your additional $100 pp comes from - is it the $100 pp you paid for the FCD?

I just want to be clear on how this works, as it would be nice to get additional OBC from what we are getting now.

I am a bit confused. I looked at my FCD and for a 22 to 50 day cruise in a Veranda or higher cabin you earn $150 in OBC. If I use promotion ZPM I get another $150 pp (not the $100 you mention). Thus a total of $300 pp. I am unclear where your additional $100 pp comes from - is it the $100 pp you paid for the FCD?

I just want to be clear on how this works, as it would be nice to get additional OBC from what we are getting now.

I was also confused.

Seems to me like you are explaining it right. The ZPM credit is the same amount as the credit you get for booking onboard.

The extra $100 might have been a promotion HAL had at the time (Set, Sail / Explore 4 / etc) or an OBC from TA ?

Might be a good idea to call HAL for clarification.

Imo....your best answer will come from the attendant at the Future Cruise desk on the ship.

Imo....your best answer will come from the attendant at the Future Cruise desk on the ship.

On one cruise I mentioned the ZPM offer to a future cruise consultant on the ship and she had NO idea what I was talking about. I explained what it is, but she had never heard of it. I learned a lesson that day and have never asked important questions to a FCC since. ;)

On one cruise I mentioned the ZPM offer to a future cruise consultant on the ship and she had NO idea what I was talking about. I explained what it is, but she had never heard of it. I learned a lesson that day and have never asked important questions to a FCC since. ;)

Totally agree. Some of the most useless people we have met onboard were Future Cruise Consultants. And not only just one or two of them!

We just pick up the form, fill it out, drop it in their box by their office, and receive our Future Cruide Deposit certificate in our room before we disembark.

We got an additional $100 PP besides the $300 for booking on board for a total of $400 PP. We booked at 24 day cruise Oct. 2018. I cannot explain where you are getting the other numbers from, I know what we got.

Totally agree. Some of the most useless people we have met onboard were Future Cruise Consultants. And not only just one or two of them!

We just pick up the form, fill it out, drop it in their box by their office, and receive our Future Cruide Deposit certificate in our room before we disembark.

I'm with you two :D. I have heard enough misinformation from SOME Future Cruise Consultants that it made my hairs stand on end.

We did have two excellent FCC's on the Prinsendam one year - a husband and wife team and they really knew their stuff.

If all the FCC's were as good as they were I would have more confidence. The Future Cruise Deposit has worked well for us so far.

I may only make things worse, but here goes. If we had purchased just a FCD we for a possible cruise (like the 24 days we did) we would have received OBC of $150 good for four years or refundable, you didn't have to actually book a cruise, just make a future deposit for one. However if you actually booked a cruise (like we did) the OBC was doubled to $300, also the cruise deposit was only $300 PP (total $600). We also then received an additional $100 OBC which what I believe is for the ZPM promotion that thanks you for booking another cruise with HAL. We have in the past received a thank you from HAL stating that if we booked a cruise within 60 days we would an OBC. We did not get that e-mail this time because we had already booked. Hence we have a total of $800 OBC for our Oct. 2018 cruise on the Koningsdam. Clear as MUD. That's it folks, that's what happened. Were happy.

I may only make things worse, but here goes. If we had purchased just a FCD we for a possible cruise (like the 24 days we did) we would have received OBC of $150 good for four years or refundable, you didn't have to actually book a cruise, just make a future deposit for one. However if you actually booked a cruise (like we did) the OBC was doubled to $300, also the cruise deposit was only $300 PP (total $600). We also then received an additional $100 OBC which what I believe is for the ZPM promotion that thanks you for booking another cruise with HAL . We have in the past received a thank you from HAL stating that if we booked a cruise within 60 days we would an OBC. We did not get that e-mail this time because we had already booked. Hence we have a total of $800 OBC for our Oct. 2018 cruise on the Koningsdam. Clear as MUD . That's it folks, that's what happened. Were happy.

Underlining is mine as you had bolded. ;)

Just to clarify, the $100 OBC is NOT the ZPM promo. The ZPM basically doubles the FCD obc just like you got on board. (Using your cruise as an example, buy FCD - Same $ and get it doubled with ZPM = $600) It's the $100 OBC pp that is a mystery.

I am wondering (as someone else did - think it was DaveOKC) if the set sail promo/some other promo was on which resulted in the $100. If that were the case, whether you booked on board or booked with an FCD within the 60 days for the ZPM promo the results would be the same.

It's all good you're happy and that's the main thing :D

We're going to be on Rotterdam next month and we want to book a specific seven day cruise for next year while onboard. We've never booked a future cruise while on board but we've heard about getting OBC and other perks by doing so. We are then planning on transferring our booking to a big box TA to also take advantage of their OBC. After reading this thread I am totally confused. Is my plan any good or should I do things differently? What is ZPM, do I need it, and how do I get it?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

We're going to be on Rotterdam next month and we want to book a specific seven day cruise for next year while onboard. We've never booked a future cruise while on board but we've heard about getting OBC and other perks by doing so. We are then planning on transferring our booking to a big box TA to also take advantage of their OBC. After reading this thread I am totally confused. Is my plan any good or should I do things differently? What is ZPM, do I need it, and how do I get it?

Your plan sounds fine to me. You will book the cruise you want, have a reduced deposit, get on-board credits, then transfer to a TA (or have it assigned to that TA immediately) for whatever goodies the TA is offering. You have everything covered.

If you book a specific cruise on board you get double on-board credits.

If you don't book on board, but do book a cruise within about 60 days of returning from a cruise, you get some on-board credits---half of what you would have gotten by booking on board. That is the ZPM promo.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

That is exactly what we did! IAW the big box TA we have our OBC from HAL and the OBC they gave us. She did tell me to be sure that the OBC from HAL is used first as it is "use it or lose it" and the OBC given by box store will be refunded if it isn't used.

Your plan sounds fine to me. You will book the cruise you want, have a reduced deposit, get on-board credits, then transfer to a TA (or have it assigned to that TA immediately) for whatever goodies the TA is offering. You have everything covered.

If you book a specific cruise on board you get double on-board credits.

If you don't book on board, but do book a cruise within about 60 days of returning from a cruise, you get some on-board credits---half of what you would have gotten by booking on board. That is the ZPM promo.

Thank you for clearing up what I have been trying to say. Your plan is good and is what happened for us.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been successful in getting the ZPM credit applied after the 60 days (or after 6 months)? We did not book a cruise onboard, but also never received an email with the offer. I was told it had to be booked within 6 months of your return.

I was also confused.

Seems to me like you are explaining it right. The ZPM credit is the same amount as the credit you get for booking onboard.

That is what I thought. In the past you could book onboard, and if you did not also had the same chance to book another cruise (ZPM promo) as if you had booked while onboard (same amount of credit)..