Glory or Miracle?

SarahEC

Hi! I am a thirty something mother and will be cruising with my 9 year old daughter. We took a 3 day cruise last year on the Enchantment of the Seas and had a great time. This year, we would like to take a longer cruise and have found that Carnival offers the destinations that we are interested in within our price range. There are two cruise ships setting out on our vacation week..the Glory and Miracle.

Does anyone have a suggestion on which one would be better for us? While on RC, we enjoyed the pool area with live music during the day, the night time dance party on deck, and the food was good. Both ships have mixed reviews (as with pretty much anything). We are very laid back vacationers and do not expect much. Just trying to get some other opinions. Thank you!

I tried to go on Carnival.com to "refresh" my mind... sometimes the ships run together.... The site would not load the ships for some reason. The Glory had a dry dock in March of this year giving her some of the upgrades that she did not previously have. The Miracle had it's last one in 2015 but still does not have some of the things that the Glory would. (Guys Burgers, Red Frog Rum Pub, seaside theater etc. The layout of the Miracle is different than most Carnival ships and for that reason people usually are a huge fan or really didn't care for her. The Glory (although each ship has subtle differences) has a "typical" layout for Carnival. The Glory is slightly larger passenger capacity that nears 3000 and the Miracle is a bit over 2500. I would say with the upgrades that the Glory has that the Miracle does not, it would have the slight edge.

I just got off a trip on one of the Miracle's sister ships - Pride. So normally I would be singing praises of ships like her, but my trip was the most crowded I took on that class, so I might be less prejudiced toward the Miracle and Pride. I do feel as though the Miracle is the least pretty of the Spirit Class ships with purples and orange colors. It's lack of a Guy's Burger Joint is a serious minus. The one plus is that the Miracle does have a Chopsticks which offers really good Chinese food for lunch. The lunch buffet is more updated on the Glory with Comfort Kitchen.

If you prefer larger pool area's the Glory will be better as it is a generally wider ship and it has 2 very large pool areas as opposed to 3 smaller on the Miracle (Spirit Class). The Glory will have more hot tubs. I believe the Miracle has 4 (one by each pool and one hidden in the gym), and Glory has 7 (One by each pool, 2 in serenity and a nice large one hidden in the gym) The advantage of the Miracle if you like the comedy shows is the comedy club on the miracle is larger so it will be less likely to fill up. If you like to watch movies by the pool the Miracle is not your ship as it does not have a movie screen by the pool. That would be a big minus if you enjoy that night time activity.

You may have already chosen one of those ships, but there were 8 of us that was on Glory (I have cruised a lot down through the years, but not the rest), when they were just finishing up the changes on the ship. Even though there were a few parts that we blocked off, that didn't seem to bother any of us from having a wonderful time on this ship.

I'm glad that some have mentioned the Miracle, as I was thinking of doing it next year, but I may have 2nd thoughts now.:)

I am not huge fan of Carnival, but we sailed on both of these ships.

Imho Miracle is a better ship with nicer design, less bottlenecks, better pool areas. (Great aft area!)

The only thing that really annoying on Miracle is crazy colors in MDR and painting in atrium.

We really like the Spirit class (Miracle) over the Conquest (Glory) Class. Easy deck plans with all decks go forward to aft with no breaks. All the kids we know have really enjoyed the clubs.

For us, Guys is overrated. We prefer to get chicken tenders, thin fries and cooked to order chicken breasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

glory! They just upgraded her nicely. I have been on her twice and enjoyed her both times. Also been on Miracle and while the layout is different, I like the theme of the theater and comedy club which are phantom and alice in wonderland. I much prefer conquest class ships more.

We have sailed both ships this past year. The Miracle is smaller and does not have the 2.0 upgrades. The décor is a bit different to say the least. The Glory ( sailed 5 times ) has all the 2.0 upgrades along with the water works for the kids, Miracle has just a slide. Glory is a larger ship. Check out you tube there are lots of videos of both ships.

We really like the Spirit class (Miracle) over the Conquest (Glory) Class. Easy deck plans with all decks go forward to aft with no breaks. All the kids we know have really enjoyed the clubs.

For us, Guys is overrated. We prefer to get chicken tenders, thin fries and cooked to order chicken breasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

100% agree. If you love salt than Guys is for you

I've been on both classes many times and they are both great ships. I would however probably pick the Glory as it has more to offer and is leaving from Miami (next year at least). Spirit class ships are great though. Guys is overrated and all you get is a burger and fries vs. more choices with the fast food grill. Guys is a great burger but I miss the steak sandwich and other items the grill had. The departure port would play a BIG role as some east coast ports I would avoid. Good luck!