AIDA Cara is on its way to Australia!!

There is a new(?) cruise line heading for Australia the cruise line is called AIDA!, Its a German cruise line.

(Some of you who work at OPT might need to work on your German ;) :))

As far as I am aware this is the first time AIDA cruise line has been down under.

AIDA is sending the AIDA Cara to Australia!. AIDA Cara has 1,186 passengers and was launched in 1996, according to wikipedia AIDA Cara is the oldest ship they have.

She is 193.30 m long and has a 6.19m draft.

Today (29th November 2017) it looks like AIDA Cara made it to Easter Island! :eek:

2441yfq.jpg

There is a new(?) cruise line heading for Australia the cruise line is called AIDA!, Its a German cruise line.

(Some of you who work at OPT might need to work on your German ;) :))

As far as I am aware this is the first time AIDA cruise line has been down under.

AIDA is sending the AIDA Cara to Australia!. AIDA Cara has 1,186 passengers and was launched in 1996, according to wikipedia AIDA Cara is the oldest ship they have.

She is 193.30 m long and has a 6.19m draft.

Today (29th November 2017) it looks like AIDA Cara made it to Easter Island! :eek:

2441yfq.jpg

We saw an AIDA ship for the first time in August, in a German port during our Baltic cruise. From what we were told, the majority of their passengers are indeed German. I've just read that it's on a world tour, coming now from Tahiti to NZ and Australia before heading to Komodo, eff, and on to the Suez canal. I hope the passengers enjoy there time down here.

Edited by Port Power
Reviewing port schedule

We saw an AIDA ship for the first time in August, in a German port during our Baltic cruise. From what we were told, the majority of their passengers are indeed German. I've just read that it's on a world tour, coming now from Tahiti to NZ and Australia before heading to Komodo, eff, and on to the Suez canal. I hope the passengers enjoy there time down here.

So not cruising from here?

Just a visit passing through.

I have chatted with some people who were travelling on an Aida ship and they said the ship is lovely and the cruise was going really well.:)

Just one issue was that they said the sausages were the wurst.:p

LOL, were they Sour Krauts Mic? LOL.:')

So not cruising from here?

Just a visit passing through.

Full of Germans Mr Gut, operates from there. The Germans are great travellers, you see a lot of them here, they love NT.

Have seen a few Aida ships around the world, can't miss em, they have the big eye on the hull with the blue serpent as well.

Wilcommen, mein Herrs.

Guten Abend.:eek:

Edited by NSWP

Full of Germans Mr Gut, operates from there. The Germans are great travellers, you see a lot of them here, they love NT.

Have seen a few Aida ships around the world, can't miss em, they have the big eye on the hull with the blue serpent as well.

Wilcommen, mein Herrs und Herren.

Guten Abend.:eek:

Fraus, not Herren.

No but they saw them on board.;p
What? The Sauerkraut or the Pork Knuckles? :p Or perhaps the Lowenbrau or Dortmunder Union Bier ? :halo:

As a German Food Lover I will have to check out the Aida Menus with Chef Google.

Wunderbar Essen.

Damen und Herren is actually the more correct way of saying it - translates more closely to ladies and gentlemen. Don't even know what "Herrs" are, unless - oh, is that a joke, Joyce?

Apologies then for my bad German speak. After all I was only a kid when I lived there. But that's another story.:halo:

• 2 weeks later...

She has arrived in Auckland today..

16_aida.jpg

Heres her itinerary while on the downunder segment of her World Cruise.

Fri 15/12/17 Waitangi (Chatham Islands)* / New Zealand 13:00 21:00

Sat 16/12/17 Auckland / New Zealand 08:00 22:00

Sun 17/12/17 At Sea

Mon 18/12/17 At Sea

Tue 19/12/17 At Sea

Wed 20/12/17 Sydney / Australia 08:00

Thu 21/12/17 Sydney / Australia 22:00

Fri 22/12/17 At Sea

Sat 23/12/17 At Sea

Sun 24/12/17 At Sea

Mon 25/12/17 Cairns / Australia 08:00 22:00

Tue 26/12/17 At Sea

Wed 27/12/17 At Sea

Thu 28/12/17 At Sea

Fri 29/12/17 Darwin / Australia 08:00 22:00

*(Chatam Islands?????Someone in Germany has not studied the map...should be Bay of Islands.);p

I prefer Becks.

Yes Becks, a bitter after taste from memory, but been years since I tasted one.:(

I used to like the Dunkel Biers, the dark stuff, plus our ones, Coopers Stout and Tooheys Black. Mothers milk.:o