How Warm is the Ship it On The Xmas market Cruise

janny444

Hi....we are considering the Xmas market cruise on the Aurora next year but one thing that is concerning us is how warm is the ship especially when in port.

We found on the Azura in September in the Fjords that when in port it felt rather chilly in the atrium area. With there being an overnight stay and the doors being open all day and night will it be "chilly" on board or do they have some way of overcoming this?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated especially from those who have done this cruise

We have done quite a few winter cruises, including the Northern Lights, when it was minus 24 degrees outside, but I have never noticed any difference in the inside temperature, except when walking near the doors to the gangway of course. They keep ships at the same temperature wherever they are in the world, with air conditioning and heating.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did the same cruise last year and it was always warm on the ship unless you went near where the gangway was then a cold blast of air blew in! Never had to wear extra layers on board, in fact some people were still in shorts and t shirts! I don't know if you're doing the same itinerary but if you're visiting Copenhagen you may be in for a treat just before the ship leaves. We were on the side of the ship that faced the dock and heard a lot of noise, went out on the balcony to see what was going on and there was the most amazing marching band - all in wonderful costumes - think the end scene in "White Christmas". So if you're not on that side of the ship do go on deck to see if anything is going on - by memory it was about 5pm and it went on for about half an hour. Those involved must have been freezing! We thought it was a wonderful cruise, hope you have a lovely time.

We did the first leg of the world cruise on Aurora in January this year and the cold public rooms really spoiled it for us. The theatre and the room where most of the quizzes were held were the worst. I wouldn't risk going on this ship again because of the cold. We are on Azura in January so I am hoping the air con wont be too fierce in the Caribbean. I don't remember it being so last time we were on it.